Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

93 Kawi. TS Build

Decided to sell my ZXI as it's a top end limited ski and won't cruise below 40 MPH. Building a 93 TS to pair with the 94 I built last winter. Less bling and no over priced blowsion pieces. Plan is to stay at $1000.00 with the 350.00 price tag. I have all the parts I need and I'm right about 900.00. Here is what I have so far.

Day I dragged it home and removed the filth

Re: 93 Kawi. TS Build

Resold the trailer for 200.00 so that put me back at 700.00. Purchased this stripper for 300, so I'm at 1000.00. Check out that bytchin' vinyl wrap. It's begging for a big " Hello Boys !" logo. Must have been a girls ski. That Mariner head looks brand new. When I crawled underneath I saw the cut out grate bars and got excited. The pump has a solas screw. Will sell it with the pump as I have a 9/17 and sweet pump for the build. Nice two toned black and navy seat. Looks factory as it matches the bar pad and stem console. Ski has a Mariner head and A/M screw, but it has the factory exhaust and the 28mm Keihin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Almost finished with the graphics and paint. Machined and polished the stem, polished the A/M bar. Painted the stem, gas cap, cowl grill, and grip ends with neon plastikote. wasn't durable enough so after 4 coats I over-sprayed them with water clear acrylic enamel. Painted the bar with enamel paint I had matched to the tanzinite trim color. Painted the bilge with the recommended appliance enamel. A few mods to the engine and it's back in. Ski had a primer in the storage box. I put it where it belongs in the choke assembly hole on the dash. I will post again when the pump is out.

Sub'd. Good l to see someone doing something cool with a TS. Always thought they were ugly as sin and rode like piece of plywood, but I love seeing old skies get a new look and more power. What are your plans for the Exhaust?
    -Bulldog Freestyle 550/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=457962
    -92 550sx/650 conversion
    -94 750sx modded
    -86 X2 - Twin carb 750 swap

Quote Originally Posted by still standin View Post
    Sub'd. Good l to see someone doing something cool with a TS. Always thought they were ugly as sin and rode like piece of plywood, but I love seeing old skies get a new look and more power. What are your plans for the Exhaust?
    here is my 94 build from last winter. Plan on doing the same thing.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=435515

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Do you have a pipe already?

have a coffman's setup with a westcoast mani. Paid to much for it without the coke can waterbox. I'll never do that again. Like pulling hens teeth finding one without the whole set-up. I have a Supertrapp, but I want to save that for an X-2 I have.

Started stripping the 90' TS. I was surprized to find exhaust suffers , match porting with the exhaust mani, and some cylinder porting. Also bored to 3.010" with .5mm over pistons. Ski has a mint Mariner head but was comp testing at 147/147. With all these mods the ski was running the stock 28mm carb. Sure enough , there was some slight scoring in the cylinders. Knucklehead probably ran it lean with that little carb. I'll pull the cylinder and get better pics. i'll probably find stuffers in the intake too. First I have seen of exhaust stuffers.

Finally found someone willing to separate the Coffmans exhaust set-up and sell me just the waterbox. Tanden Sport/ Sport Crusier Coffman box is probably the rarest they make. Took 3 weeks to find one solo. This will be my last TS build anyway.

Subscribed.

Sincerely,

Nogascans.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information