• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jchance
    PWCToday Guru
    • Apr 2006

Help with E-box issue on 96 GTX

Bill--I hope your health is OK as I haven't seen you post anything here in months. I have an issue that you might be able to diagnose.

I am trying to winterize one of my 96 GTXs. I cannot get it to start! Battery is charged and good. Ground and positive are good. Ground from E-box to stator is good. !2+ volts to the front box. If I put the key on the post I get 2 beeps and it will crank for about 10 seconds. It then dies. If I put the key back on it makes a faint sound and decreases is volume until I cannot hear anything. It will not turnover at this point. If I leave it alone for 3-4 hours, it will repeat the same procedure. Obviously it is an electrical issue, but with what?? I have a complete extra system that I could use to exchange one piece at a time but would rather fix it quickly. Any ideas?

I could simply replace the entire electronics but want to keep it intact for future use. What is the most likely culprit in the front box? I have already gone through the rear box to make sure that I didn't have a bad ground or other connection issue.
  • sea-one
    Top Dog
    • Aug 2011

Re: Help with E-box issue on 96 GTX

Are you saying ski starts and RUNS and then dies?
    2004 Rxp Stock Motor with other light mods
    1996 Xp Resurrected july 2014/SOLD 2016
    1991 Kawi 750cc Big pin Twin Carb Sport Cruiser Custom (Resurrected Feb 2015 completed June 2015)
    2000 XP Saved Spring 2016- Resurrected July 2016 as new
    2002 Seadoo ISLANDIA/Sold
    CANDoo Pro system

Comment

• jchance
      PWCToday Guru
      • Apr 2006

Re: Help with E-box issue on 96 GTX

Never starts. Just turns over and quits.

Comment

Working...
      X