Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    PWCToday Regular

Re: 750SX re-homing, pic heavy

Quote Originally Posted by scottw090 View Post
    Here is a reverse order process of getting the spring IN THE POLE. It was not fun. This was the first time I needed a cutting a torch and a BFH on this ski project. This spring is now a permanent member of the pole! I tried to follow some pictures of other guy's work and ended up cutting a box out that was fairly off - by around 3/8 inch. Hence the correction cuts to allow clearance to get the spring in.

Attachment 513616Attachment 513617Attachment 513618Attachment 513619Attachment 513620Attachment 513621

Sucks that I nicked up the Powder coat - it was not my best work. Honestly this bit was quite frustrating. The passages for the cables do not line up well. I foresee premature failure due to over stressing where the cables will flex. I don't see a solution either so i guess that's what I am gonna run. My Brother's ski has an AC pole and it uses the stock cable management hardware- so far i have to recommend that over this PLD just because the cables seem to run a much more smooth line into the hull.

Next up... bilges and waterbox, maybe the fuel tank + cables

Question for ya, how did you make a cushion for the top of the PLD pole? Looks nice. I have the same pole without a cushion. I also cut a hole in the base to slip the spring in there and enlarged the ports for the cables. The initial ports cut my steering cable, had to replace it.

This was an amazing thread....way beyond my comprehension....but, quite inspiring...

Quote Originally Posted by supergoldy1 View Post
    Question for ya, how did you make a cushion for the top of the PLD pole? Looks nice. I have the same pole without a cushion. I also cut a hole in the base to slip the spring in there and enlarged the ports for the cables. The initial ports cut my steering cable, had to replace it.
    The chinpad is fiberglass. Someone was making them for this pole in the past. when i bought thepole, it came with it. However i did recover it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information