Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 750SX re-homing, pic heavy

Cleaned the carbs tonight. I am going to run the single fuel pump for now- OEM configuration should be fine.

Sorry for the shotty photo. This was right when i popped it open. It was time for a cleaning alright- Piles of Georgia clay in there.

I did widen the transfer hole on the mid circuit. I am hoping that it will prevent me from needing to re-jet the carbs to accommodate the sx pipe. I can cross that bridge when i get there.

Fresh carbs ready to go! Next up Handle pole and electronics

Here is a reverse order process of getting the spring IN THE POLE. It was not fun. This was the first time I needed a cutting a torch and a BFH on this ski project. This spring is now a permanent member of the pole! I tried to follow some pictures of other guy's work and ended up cutting a box out that was fairly off - by around 3/8 inch. Hence the correction cuts to allow clearance to get the spring in.

IMG_20161106_170937.jpgIMG_20161106_170914.jpgIMG_20161106_143910.jpgIMG_20161106_134406.jpgIMG_20161106_133714.jpgIMG_20161106_124638.jpg

Sucks that I nicked up the Powder coat - it was not my best work. Honestly this bit was quite frustrating. The passages for the cables do not line up well. I foresee premature failure due to over stressing where the cables will flex. I don't see a solution either so i guess that's what I am gonna run. My Brother's ski has an AC pole and it uses the stock cable management hardware- so far i have to recommend that over this PLD just because the cables seem to run a much more smooth line into the hull.

Next up... bilges and waterbox, maybe the fuel tank + cables

Quote Originally Posted by scottw090 View Post

I did widen the transfer hole on the mid circuit. I am hoping that it will prevent me from needing to re-jet the carbs to accommodate the sx pipe. I can cross that bridge when i get there.
    I'm running what I believe to be the same carbs you are using with a FPP Blaster (huge) pipe and full 2" exhaust system and K&N Air filters. I made the mistake of re-jetting the carbs on the theory that I'd need more fuel but had nothing but problems. Went back to stock jetting and it is working fine.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Gruen; 11-08-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Check this out. I needed some wire to run for the bilge switch - Dear Old Dad acquired a length of space wire from his work. This same stuff is flying on the ISS right now. Neat!
    The switch is from Amazon, 12$ "waterproof" sold for ATVs as a light switch for LEDs. We shall see.
    1483528159518322793-account_id=1.jpg2202850616023903046-account_id=1.jpg6382765798982532805-account_id=1.jpg

Not much of an update, but the next update I have for you should be pretty big.

Next time I have my engine out I am pulling the bilge pump off the the bracket and gluing it directly to the hull. Did this years ago on my 550 and it pumped out a lot more water.

Quick update - progress has slowed due to duck season...quite a time suck as usual. Really only carving out an hour or two a week to tinker on the ski. Slowly but surely, she is being assembled...
    Snapchat-497635596770723566.jpg IMG_20161206_201118.jpg

Question- Do you have a shim kit lining up your driveline on your 750? Should I be sourcing shims? I test fit the motor when i installed the pump and through hull bearing to get everything lined up bind free.

Does anyone want to chime in on impeller choice? I am planning to run an OEM SXR 13/18. Heavy chunk o steel compared to the 9/17 stock prop. Is that too much prop for my ski? What are the indicators of an over-propped motor?

My logic on the 13/18 is that once I put a pipe on it, the HP gains would cover the difference on the prop pitch and I would fall back into balance between the motor and the prop. Agree? Disagree?
    Which of these would you run? stock 93 sx 9/17 aluminum, ss solas that came out of the ssxi ... or the SXR 13/18?

props.jpg

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

what should i use to even out the flaking/bubbling paint? sand it, prime it, sand it, seal it? I could get after it with an orbital and take it all off? I don't want the old paint to flake and bubble under the new paint, you know?
    I am little late to the party but all the paint needs to come off, usually a razor bade will peel it right off, why you ask , well that's simple, because it wasn't done right to begin with . Kawasaki and Yamaha paint right over the SMC, no sanding, no primer , no nothing, the SMC contains mold release which always come to to the top of the material, the mold release is why the paint just flakes off , because it was never stuck to anything to begin with.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 12-09-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home seadoobutch787's Avatar

You see that a lot in the mat area on the Kawi. I bought a 750zxi and all the damn white paint is peeling.
    1997 Seadoo SPX---limited mod
    1996 Seadoo GSX--Cruiser
    1995 Kawasaki 550/750sx---Conversion ski
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...750+conversion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucxd...TcG7qp45xTX9xV

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Does anyone want to chime in on impeller choice? I am planning to run an OEM SXR 13/18. Heavy chunk o steel compared to the 9/17 stock prop. Is that too much prop for my ski? What are the indicators of an over-propped motor?

My logic on the 13/18 is that once I put a pipe on it, the HP gains would cover the difference on the prop pitch and I would fall back into balance between the motor and the prop. Agree? Disagree?
    Which of these would you run? stock 93 sx 9/17 aluminum, ss solas that came out of the ssxi ... or the SXR 13/18?

props.jpg
    The stock 93 impeller (if it is the stocker) would have been an aluminum 14/19.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information