Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 750SX re-homing, pic heavy

What a transformation!

it has dawned on me that did skip a few steps- mainly the motor. The one that this ski came with was cooked- i am not using it
    as you can see, i found a bit of a problem. Crazy thing is that this motor cranked up!!!

out with the bad and in with good!

I did a swap with the ssxi. Did a full tear down and replaced the crank seals, fresh bore, lots of cleaning

Lots of hours and elbow grease later - i have a viable engine for this ski!
    I used a wsm piston kit .5 over. Had the sleeves bored locally for 100$ at the local race shop (there's a decent hot rod shop in town!) First thing the guy asked was if i was gonna put nitrous on it LOL
    Last edited by scottw090; 11-02-2016 at 02:00 PM.

One more motor thing - I semi-poloished the exhaust- matched it to the Factory Pipe manifold too, polished it as well. Maybe a few more ponies!

Also wanted to throw this in. I back filled the pump shoe with silicon. Mostly because i had alot of silicon and its cheaper than 5200 or the pump shoe stuffers!

here is a few pics of the hull right before i sent it to the paint shop. TONS of sanding and sanding, and more sanding! I drove it up to a friend's shop that was several hours away, in the rain, so I buttoned her up good!

I apologize for the non-chronological order- It should be pretty linear from here on. Unless you have questions about stuff, I took pictures of pretty much everything!

Nice job man! Where in GA are you? We have a nice ride group with a bunch of different skis. You just missed our big GTG The Southern Fried Freeride. To me it looks like your front sponsons are installed too high. Nice work though. Your ski looks awesome! I guess I should say that we are Lake Allatoona based.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ski is lookin great!! did you ever find out if the bump in the tray was from water?

Quote Originally Posted by veedubs View Post
    Nice job man! Where in GA are you? We have a nice ride group with a bunch of different skis. You just missed our big GTG The Southern Fried Freeride. To me it looks like your front sponsons are installed too high. Nice work though. Your ski looks awesome! I guess I should say that we are Lake Allatoona based.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bought this ski out of North Georgia, it is registered in Alabama now. I do appreciate the invitation to ride! I am in north Alabama, bit far from Allatoona. I ride huntsville/gunterssville/smithlake. Don't tell me the tubbies are too high! I don't have the stones to drill 6 more holes in the hull!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetskipunk View Post
    ski is lookin great!! did you ever find out if the bump in the tray was from water?
    I drilled into my hull to straight down through the foot tray and took a "core sample" - foam was dry through and through. Drizzled epoxy resin down in the hole once the sample was removed. I looked at a few other 650sx and 750sx hulls and they have similar shapes, and they ride great, so I am dismissing the issue! HA

Heres some pics of the fresh spark plug wire I put on my CDI:

Dremel'd out the side of the cdi and cleaned out the old wire.
    Dropped my new wire on to the spike and epoxy'd into place. All in all, really an easy job. The finished product was cheap and I feel good about the quality. the wire is firmly attached with epoxy and silicon. Over all, this was a straightforward job and all you need is a Dremel tool. If your ebox is already out of the ski, and its was made in 1993, go ahead and do it. I bought the copper strand wire on ebay cheap, by the foot. Heres the finished product:

No need for an over heat sensor!

Stay tuned for more, I am working on the carburetors next. If anyone has opinions on single fuel pump vs dual fuel pump, I'd love to hear it. I have both options available, although I only have one "pickup" on the cases. I would run a T on it to pulse each pump.

Scott

as far as pulse line, my 750 came with dual Buckshots (when i bought it). i opted for a single SBN44 on my rebuild, but you can see in pic where second pulse line is plugged. you seem talented enough to drill/tap for a dual pulse setup. hope that helps
    Last edited by Jetskipunk; 11-03-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetskipunk View Post
    as far as pulse line, my 750 came with dual Buckshots (when i bought it). i opted for a single SBN44 on my rebuild, but you can see in pic where second pulse line is plugged. you seem talented enough to drill/tap for a dual pulse setup. hope that helps

Do you think I can drill/tap a second hole in the case while its assembled? Without getting any metal shavings in the case? thats my only hesitation. I wish i had done it when i had the cases split. Thanks for the input!!

sw

i would not recommend doing that without pulling/disassemble motor👍

One pulse line with a T or Y will run a pair of pumps no problem. I have single pump duals setup on my 750 and it works fine too.

The thing to look for when deciding on which carbs to run is the hole pattern in the booster / mid circuit. The 'better' carbs have two transfer holes, one on top of the other. If you only have the 1 hole version it is a good tweak to drill out the booster / mid transfer hole to 1mm. I think If I had a two hole version I'd enlarge the lower hole only, and probably not to a full 1mm. The stock mid jet is .5mm diameter, but drilling out the transfer hole(s) allows the mid chamber (volume between the jet and transfer hole) to dump it's accumulated fuel when you open the throttle to or beyond the transition point. It seems to cure a slight lean condition in that area.

You can find a a post on this by wmazz if you search the forum for it.

Bob

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information