Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Angry Lake Mead Fees 2016

Lake Mead to see hefty fee increase in 2016

The National Park Service will ring in its centennial year on Jan. 1 by increasing fees at parks across the country, including Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

The daily, per-vehicle entrance fee at Lake Mead will double, going from $10 to $20 in 2016 as part of a system-wide effort to standardize fees in parks across the country.
    The cost of an annual pass for vehicles at Lake Mead will jump from $30 to $40.
    Also starting Jan. 1, the entry fee will go from $5 to $10 for individuals and from $10 to $15 for motorcycles. The daily entry rate for boats will remain at $16, but the cost of an annual entry pass for boats will go from $30 to $50. The fees cover use of the park or the lake for a week.
    Camping fees will go from $10 to $20 per night for single sites and from $30 to $80 a night for group sites.
    Officials at the 1.5 million-acre recreation area announced the coming rate hike Tuesday. The higher fees were first proposed in February.
    This marks Lake Mead's first fee increase since 2011, when the per-vehicle entrance cost rose from $7 to $10. The park didn't charge for admission at all before 2000.
    Eighty percent of fee revenue collected at Lake Mead pays for projects in the park, including the extension of boat launch ramps into the shrinking reservoir.
    The remaining 20 percent helps fund programs at no-fee Park Service sites such as the new Tule Springs Fossil Beds National Monument at the northern edge of the Las Vegas Valley and Nevada's own Great Basin National Park.
    Lake Mead National Recreation Area attracted almost 7 million visitors last year, making it the nation's sixth most-visited Park Service site.
    The Park Service will mark its 100th birthday in 2016 with events throughout the year.
    When asked about the timing of the fee increase, Lake Mead spokeswoman Christie Vanover said earlier this year that the additional revenue will help parks nationwide improve and position themselves for the next 100 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Re: Lake Mead Fees 2016

Thanks for the update...............were in great hands with the Feds
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2013 Yamaha Super Jet-HighSpeed Industries Limited
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

PWCToday Guru

going from $10 to $20 in 2016 as part of a system-wide effort to standardize fees in parks across the country
    It's genius really. Raise fees at one location citing any of a variety of reasons and without much push back, then use this line the following year to raise the fees everywhere else to match.

Really though, what a lame reason to raise. Not due to deficits, or new projects, etc. To standardize fees.

When's the last time someone pulled in to Mead and complained that it was only $10, and they should raise it to match the $20 they paid at the next lake over?

No word in that release about the number of visitors they lost due to 2-stroke bans.
    Last edited by mbrick; 10-09-2015 at 05:42 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home don37725's Avatar

Lake Mead spokeswoman Christie Vanover said earlier this year that the additional revenue will help parks nationwide improve and position themselves for the next 100 years
    She added that park visitors should also position themselves to receive the increases

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner***
    *******************Liberty is a well-armed lamb.*****************

**********Lotteries are created by those who understand math**********
    ***************to take advantage of those who do not****************

***************As government expands, liberty contracts**************

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home rdrttoy's Avatar

They sell the passes for next year about 2 weeks prior to the first of 2016. So if you buy them in the last two weeks of December you get to pay 2014 prices.

Just drove through the Area today. It was the first time they 'swiped' my annual pass to log a visitor entry there. Interesting concept. Red Rock didn't do that last weekend; guess some are ahead of the game. And, it's still WAY less expensive than riding in WA. ($20 reg, $70 State Park annual pass, $50-$150 local launch pass good only at said launch)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

I remember when mead was free and had water , a lot of water, so was cottonwood cove

Just mailed in my money for gate fees and vessel. $60 all in.
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

As I stated above, I mailed my money for the passes. I tried paying the 2015 prices, and I just received a call from the Lake Mead Park Services and they stated that they are going to have to return my check due to the rate increases for 2016. Well, I gave it a try and it didn't work.

So if I want these passes, I have to pay another $30.00; an additional $10 for my vehicle and another $20 for the boat. What a rip off.
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NWDayton View Post
    Just drove through the Area today. It was the first time they 'swiped' my annual pass to log a visitor entry there. Interesting concept. Red Rock didn't do that last weekend; guess some are ahead of the game. And, it's still WAY less expensive than riding in WA. ($20 reg, $70 State Park annual pass, $50-$150 local launch pass good only at said launch)
    Dayton we are at $20 a year for yale / merwin /swift = 3 huge lakes pass for year ... Columbia river pass not much more .... so I see ya been getting sun burned in Henderson .... sounds like fun !

Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !

some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information