Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

New to the area!

Good Morning Everyone!

Wife and I moved to the South Gilbert area from So-Cal a few months back, and now that we're settled in, it's time to get back on the water!

It looks like Pleasant and Saguarro seem to be the consensus where every goes, but any other (or better) suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: New to the area!

Saguaro for close. Pleasant for huge. Bartlett for beach. Canyon for weird people.

I like bartlett myself but the drive is a killer, its all sidestreet from the 101 to the lake so I end up using a crap load of gas and time coming and going.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

That's awesome and thanks! Look forward to getting out there!

Bored&Stroked summed it up for you. All of those options are good.
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2013 Yamaha Super Jet-HighSpeed Industries Limited
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home MrSki's Avatar

I'm In S. Chandler. Takes me an hour to get to Bartlett. Not that bad. Good lake to beach launch and tune motors.

Pleasant is also about an hour away. Further drive up 17 but all freeway. Huge lake with plenty of beach launching. Most of us PWC racers use the far North boat launch...you can beach launch but there is also a boat launch there.

Saguaro is close but small. The lake is small and the parking lots are small. In the summer time, it fills up and you have to wait up the road in a parking lot until others leave. So basically get there before 8 AM if you want to get in.

With the new 202 freeway, Canyon is about 45 min's. Not sure what that "weird people" at Canyon comment was about. It is probably the most beautiful lake here in the Valley. Only have boat launch launching, no beach launch. Sometimes in the summer, on weekends, the lots fill up and you can't get in.

If you trek up the Apache trail past Canyon, there is Apache lake. It is fairly big and never crowded. Just past Canyon, the road turns to gravel...maintained but very dusty. If you are squeamish about dirt roads and shear cliffs, maybe not a trip for you.

Lastly there is L. Roosevelt. It is "North" or upstream from Apache. Huge lake. Right now 50% full. Something like 3,500 feet so getting up there in elevation where 2 stroke performance will take a hit. It's a long haul for a day trip but OK if camping. Either Apache Trail or 60 out towards Globe.

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!
    1993 Laser Jet F15 - Mild port to PJS Cylinder.
    1992 550 SX - R&R port Kawi Reed, Kind of fast.
    1989 JS 550 - PJS motor Dual 46's, 50 MPH on GPS.
    1989 Wet Jet - Upgraded 1994 50 HP motor & exhaust.
    1986 JS 550 - Engine built. Working on fiberglass!
    1976 JS 400 - Pretty much just a shell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSki View Post

With the new 202 freeway, Canyon is about 45 min's. Not sure what that "weird people" at Canyon comment was about.
    lol. Its tiny, usually packed from top to bottem with people along the beaches, the road to and from it sucks very badly [and keeps getting worse!] and the people who drive it do so at a ridiculously slow pace. So to me anyone who actually enjoys going there is weird. Saguro is closer and less crowded. Never had a problem getting in too without a trailor behind me.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 718cc, pro tec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf and wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home MrSki's Avatar

Yes you will have to wade through the crowds in the summer. At Canyon a couple weeks ago, plenty of parking, very few people, had a whole cabana with 2 tables to ourselves, lake was like glass and it is a beautiful place. So call me weird...been called worse so that's not too bad to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 Laser Jet F15 - Mild port to PJS Cylinder.
    1992 550 SX - R&R port Kawi Reed, Kind of fast.
    1989 JS 550 - PJS motor Dual 46's, 50 MPH on GPS.
    1989 Wet Jet - Upgraded 1994 50 HP motor & exhaust.
    1986 JS 550 - Engine built. Working on fiberglass!
    1976 JS 400 - Pretty much just a shell.

PWCToday Newbie

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!Pleasant is also about an hour away. Further drive up 17 but all freeway. Huge lake with plenty of beach launching. Most of us PWC racers use the far North boat launch...you can beach launch but there is also a boat launch there.

Thread Information