Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Bimini... June 2016????

Great question. No refueling necessary on way over or back. It's less than 60 miles from Miami or Fort Lauderdale. So less than two hours at about 30mph.
    Even my ride, supercharged Seadoo RXT gets close to 190 miles+ per 15.9 gallon tank.
    I'm excited to get it going for next year myself.
    Always thought watertop unlimited would still be doing it, but last one was 2014, I believe.
    2005 Seadoo RXT

PWCToday Newbie

No way we can do this year, but if anyone is interested, my wife and I REALLY want to do this in 2017. Maybe a new topic? We have brand new Sea Doo Sparks and would like to do this next year.

PWCToday Regular

I have done this trip 3 times now. Each time has been different. I highly recommend carrying extra fuel. Especially going to Bimini. The current, the wind, the waves play in a big part of the gas. Some of us refueled and needed to. I was 28 miles from Bimini and had quarter tank of gas. The water was not bad in the middle but regardless wanted to refuel using the buddy system. I directed my ski going with the water. Held by buddies ski while he lifted the gas can. I directed the hose into the tank with one hand and held the ski with one leg and had. I fueled up with 4 1/2 gallons of gas in 30 seconds. We did the same for his. I decided to put the gas in the tank while I had the chance. NO WAY WAS I GOING TO MAKE IT.
    Trust me it is better to prepared because you will need it while you are out there. Awesome but better safe than sorry. Everyone had GPS, buddy system, share a sate phone you can rent from Miami. Pack wisely.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information