Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Bimini... June 2016????

Quote Originally Posted by mgtyquin View Post
    This is the first of 10 videos of there trip check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssvWvtD0EA
    I'm not sure what time and money will allow but what were you wanting to do? i have kind of thought about trying to go further than just Bimini

PWCToday Newbie

mgtyquin what kind of ski or boat are you planning to take?

PWCToday Newbie

I would like to do the exzumas but only if we have enough riders. My ski is a 2012 Yamaha FX SHO but might upgrade to 2016 if they offer a 5 year warranty at the 2016 boat show.

PWCToday Newbie

Did you ever get a chance to watch all the Videos? I think June will be fine for me since I'll be away most of May but I can probably do end of may also. My schedule is flexible. ohh my name is Mike by the way.

PWCToday Newbie

Did you ever get a chance to watch all the Videos? I think June will be fine for me since I'll be away most of May but I can probably do end of may also. My schedule is flexible. ohh my name is Mike by the way.
    alright i will start crunching numbers and time it will take to go all the way there. I have a 2009 fx sho. Im Kyle by the way. what is the furthest you have ever been on a ski before? I have only watched the first 7 video so far

PWCToday Newbie

Kyle to be honest with you the furthest I ever road in one day is around 35 to 40 Miles. I'm trying to get a friend to go who lives in Fort Myers and has Twin Engine seadoo boat.

PWCToday Newbie

Kyle to be honest with you the furthest I ever road in one day is around 35 to 40 Miles. I'm trying to get a friend to go who lives in Fort Myers and has Twin Engine seadoo boat.
    That would be great im trying to get some friends of mine to go to. Since i am going to have my wife on the back of the ski exuma is probably outside of what i can handle. I saw the water conditions in part of there trip and that would have been rough going.

about a month ago i rode with her from woodbridge va to tangier island. We did 220 miles that day 180 of them were very nice. The other 40 was way harder on us then the other 180. and that was just the Potomac river. This at least has helped me get a gauge of what the challenge is. Just going to Bimini sounds fun to me but most likely not overly challenging. even if it was as bad as the worst i have been out in with 3 foot seas i feel confident in my ability to make it. However you can really burn some fuel when the water is rough.

Where are you from?

PWCToday Newbie

It will be a lot harder with your wife on the back if we get rough waters. The trip just to Bimini for a few days is not worth it to me. I'm from Atlantic City NJ so I would have to drive 18 hours just to get to Florida. If we did the trip to the Exumas would take about 7 days if we take our time. I'm a Fireman in Atlantic City so my time is very flexible. Tampa bay Seadoo club did Bimini and then to Chub Cay in one day which is not to bad if the sea's are nice if not we just spend the night at Bimini.

PWCToday Newbie

It will be a lot harder with your wife on the back if we get rough waters. The trip just to Bimini for a few days is not worth it to me. I'm from Atlantic City NJ so I would have to drive 18 hours just to get to Florida. If we did the trip to the Exumas would take about 7 days if we take our time. I'm a Fireman in Atlantic City so my time is very flexible. Tampa bay Seadoo club did Bimini and then to Chub Cay in one day which is not to bad if the sea's are nice if not we just spend the night at Bimini.
    I agree personally id like to push to exuma but it depends on how many people go and who all else goes. With my wife on the back that may be more than i can handle unless there is a boat she can ride on for part of the time. Chub cay may be a good choice Nassau would maybe be a good choice as well. Id like to hang loose on exact destination until i can see how many people are going and there riding credentials.

If we are going long distance have you thought about how to haul extra fuel?
    i have been thinking about something like http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-290104/overview/
    and using this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Gasket-Mi...-/272028574739

to transfer fuel from the spare tank to the main tank.

PWCToday Newbie

You can fuel mid way and at Bimini and Chub cay I have a rack I made for my ski and I can carry extra fuel. Lets see if we can get more people before we decide where to go. IMG_1368.JPGIMG_1371.JPGIMG_1372.JPGIMG_1398.JPG

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information