Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Newbie Heading to the coast

Greetings y'all.

Newbie skier here. Never really wanted a ski (I'm a boat guy), but ended up acquiring a 97 Seadoo. to help out a friend who was in financial need. I have it at the shop getting the carbs rebuilt and other various "freshen ups" and it should be ready by this weekend. Based on the mechanics comments, I got a really good and clean ski.

Now on to the fun stuff. The wife and kids want to head to the beach with the ski. Port A, Flower Bluff (Corpus), Galveston - not really too strict on where we go and have hit all of these in the past on a frequent basis (native Texan who used to "live" in Port A during high school and for a few years after. Any tips for a newbie heading to the coast? I would prefer the Port A/Corpus area. I saw a fantastic post by Melmac from a bunch of years ago (2008) and didn't know how relevant it still was.

Also, any tips or directions to good websites for launching on or around the beaches in Texas. Lots of info on renting ski's, but little about using your own.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin (Tonkatruck)

Re: Newbie Heading to the coast

Kevin, I have ridden all around Galveston this year but not further South. I downloaded the navionics app and it makes navigating easy. Also just google boat ramps near me and Google will spit out a ton of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information