Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bruce in SB's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Missionbayskier --- Deal breaker

He has been advertising an unusual Mag pump for about a week now and the price dropped substantially ... from $1000 to $500.
    I PM him... offer $450 shipped and he agrees about 20 minutes later saying nobody else wants to mess with it. A further PM agrees that I will transfer money to my Pay-Pal account in the morning ... I don't keep money there because ... it's Pay-Pal. He will have it in his account by noon. "No Problem" he says. Posts "Pending" on his listing. We have a deal.

So this evening he PM's that someone has offered $550 shipped and he HAS to take it. Do I want to bump up to that?

My reply ... "Disappointed ... We had a deal... you could never pull that off in real business ,,, You should have waited earlier if you weren't done with the bidding"

His His reply goes on to say how disappointed he would be too and has been in that boat the past ...but we live in a Capitalistic country and are bound by the almighty dollar.
    More $$$ equals more ride time for him.

So... how much is integrity worth these days??? ... about $100 it seems.
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

Top Dog

Re: Missionbayskier --- Deal breaker

Sorry man if I can make it up to another way, I would be glad to. I wasn't rude to you at all and I understand you are upset but, money hadn't changed hands so I went with a better deal for me. Gave you the opportunity to counter it as well. I know some people are going to agree with me and others will with you but, I don't think I need to be in the negative feedback section. Not like I sold you junk parts or ran off with your money. Live and learn though.
    Last edited by missionbayskier; 08-12-2015 at 12:21 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

An agreement is like an internet hand shake. Mission, you should have stuck to the deal till noon then sold it to guy #2 if it didn't happen or communication stopped.

Integrity.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Photos no longer being hosted by Photobucket.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

I have stuck with deals even when I found out the shipping was going to eat me alive and that I was going to lose my *** on the deal, let me ask you this is the $100.00 extra you made on this deal going to make up for the amount this thread is going to cost you in the future ?
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rod Peters's Avatar

Honor is everything between us ski people, I am sorry this happened. I am not judging, I just hope somebody learned from this.

Frequent Poster

Mixed reactions on this, if you agreed to a price then it should be honored.
    And I too have taken it in the shorts on shipping more than once because it turned out a lot higher than what I had quoted. On the flip side I recently had 2 people back out of deals after I had paid saying it was going to cost too much to ship and they wouldn't do it for the agreed upon price! After I paid! I'm also not about to put them on blast because I was ticked off, why try to ruin a reputation unless they have actually screwed you?

however, when your already losing your a$$ on something it's hard to not take a higher offer, no cash in hand then the deal is not done. I've had people tell me they'll pay later today or tomorrow so I turn others down and then they flake. So I don't hold anything for anyone without cash in hand. You can pay pretty much instantly with PayPal if your card or bank account is linked to it. So like I said...mixed feelings
    '88 & '89 650sx
    '91 X2
    '92 750sx
    '98 XL 1200 couch
    '07 Ultra LX-parting out haha

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

When a deal is made, it's honored....PERIOD!
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

A deals a deal , I've lost money with shipping costs and flakes , I go by who drew first blood unless they say no or back out, but there must be a time limit on the deal to be fair to all purchasers standing in line, post everything public, try to accommodate all parties, sell your parts , send trac # , follow through with call backs, communication skills, happy customers = good business , repeat buyers and referrals, long term customers.

Not cool. I would be pissed off too.
    super couch
    550sx with 701 and big pump
    550 RC-520
    809cc X2

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

This precisely needs to be in the negative feedback section, because it is a negative experience for 1 of 2 parties involved in a transaction - completely caused by the other party.

How is it that so many millennials have completely failed to learn about honor, integrity and karma?

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information