Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WB1994's Avatar

Re: Comprehensive Parts List for (2006-2007) Kawasaki X-2 gen2 Jetski (JF800A6F)

Its been discussed to death on here but I will give my opinion. People who like the gen2 are mostly racers or people who live on lakes and like to go fast all day. I personally hate anything with a pole. IMO they took the shortcut and stuck a fixed steer top on an SXR. Mainly because they knew it was going to be sold to racers over seas. The steering is in the wrong position and at the wrong angle for anything other than railin bueys. Lots of people on here have chopped up steering stems to try and adjust the feel. Ive ridden some and it doesn't work. Because its more race oriented lightening the hull will dramatically change the way it handles. One of the biggest benefits of the SXR is the weight when it comes to racing. Lighten up the SXR and its just another superjet. The foot tray height is more level with the top of the pump like standup hulls, The foot trays are narrower because the SXR bottomdeck shape is real narrow at the back. The hood looks and feels monsterous in front of you when riding , partially because the steering is further back and partially because the hood is huge.The small ****pit is made more for hanging your but off the back railing bueys than getting your weight over the bars for freeride/freestyle/surf riding. The gen 2 also has the SXR chine walk which is when your going fast and you let off the gas and all your weight is forward and the nose of the ski is diving into the water it can rock side to side uncontrollably.

This is all my experience and opinion. Everyone is different. One person says a certain rideplate is the best while another says is stinks. Im gen1 for life , or till I finish my hull.

Unreliability only comes from not knowing how to tune or using crappy parts.

Re: Comprehensive Parts List for (2006-2007) Kawasaki X-2 gen2 Jetski (JF800A6F)

Thank you WB.
    I have scanned this site and other for everything related to the x2 gen2.
    and yes there are different opinions on how it rides.... I wanted your opinion.

I must have missed discussions on the position of the steering stem. That does concern me.

I'm 5'10" 200 lbs ...180 on a good day... so I don't think the lightened hull will be much of an issue as I'm always struggling to keep hooked up on the gen 1's when railing. I could be wrong about that assumption though.
    The bottomdeck doesn't seem like it would be too narrow for me..... i'm kind of looking forward to that.
    I'm also looking forward to the foot tray height position as i like the way you could just lean into a sharp turn on the sxr's as opposed to a gen1

Thanks again.

Oh and....I love to wrench.. but yeah, fine tuning a dual carb setup...Pfffttt! I like the hair on my head.
    Last edited by aggrovated; 07-21-2015 at 11:55 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WB1994's Avatar

You don't need dual carbs. Singles make nice power and fun skis. Lots of good people on here will help you tune whatever you have. Stock is no fun.

Gen 1's rail hard without coming unhooked.

2453341b5359ade589b3e0c3d976a2b3_zpscz6wdgdf.jpg

x2ripin.jpg

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WB1994 View Post
    Its been discussed to death on here but I will give my opinion. People who like the gen2 are mostly racers or people who live on lakes and like to go fast all day. I personally hate anything with a pole. IMO they took the shortcut and stuck a fixed steer top on an SXR. Mainly because they knew it was going to be sold to racers over seas. The steering is in the wrong position and at the wrong angle for anything other than railin bueys. Lots of people on here have chopped up steering stems to try and adjust the feel. Ive ridden some and it doesn't work. Because its more race oriented lightening the hull will dramatically change the way it handles. One of the biggest benefits of the SXR is the weight when it comes to racing. Lighten up the SXR and its just another superjet. The foot tray height is more level with the top of the pump like standup hulls, The foot trays are narrower because the SXR bottomdeck shape is real narrow at the back. The hood looks and feels monsterous in front of you when riding , partially because the steering is further back and partially because the hood is huge.The small ****pit is made more for hanging your but off the back railing bueys than getting your weight over the bars for freeride/freestyle/surf riding. The gen 2 also has the SXR chine walk which is when your going fast and you let off the gas and all your weight is forward and the nose of the ski is diving into the water it can rock side to side uncontrollably.

This is all my experience and opinion. Everyone is different. One person says a certain rideplate is the best while another says is stinks. Im gen1 for life , or till I finish my hull.

Unreliability only comes from not knowing how to tune or using crappy parts.
    All the above is true. And it is one of the most awesome buoy chasers ever built. Take away the weight or redistribute it and it loses the awesomeness. I have tried it in many forms and setup in dozens of different ways.

PS as far as dual carbs vs single carb on the 800, single carbs are great for freeriders who are not WOT but for more than a few seconds at a time. If you like screaming across the lake WOT for extended periods of time, or chasing buoys at WOT, dual carbs is the only way to go.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 07-21-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

But where do I put my coolers?
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Well, ****

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cudaben's Avatar

Well, I just bought x2cy's gen 2.

I am quite curious how it will ride.

I am seeing a lot of ppl saying negatives about them.
    I only ride gen 1 x2's- but I really don't like how they feel at all. I am always chopping the rear, doing a front fill either generic (store bought) or my own- bob style- , my own tubbies, etc... Trying to change the characteristics of how the hull rides. So maybe, for me, the gen 2 will be a nice change.

Regardless I am excited and nervous- with a tiny bit of luck it will be on the freight truck today between 1-4 pm. and ill have it next Thursday.

On a side note- do not use Uship- they are a joke. My first and only bid was 1700 to ship the hull from CT to CA.
    Freightcenter.com the shipping was 275 then I added a lift gate, call service and insurance bringing the total up to 350ish.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is".

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error"
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aggrovated

Do you know what the difference in steering cables are between the sxr and GEN2. ? Will a sxr cable even work ?

The cable in my hull seems tight trying to nail down if its how it is or because its a sxr cable

Did you put a battery box in under the seat ?
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

I can only assume that the sxr cable would be longer..given the handpole. but I really don't know.
    Here are the part #'s
    X2 Gen 2 Cable strg - 59406-3782
    SXR 800 - Cable strg - 59406-3776

Yes, battery box is under my seat with a smaller battery made just for the X-2. JF800A Battery Model - YTX15L-BS

X-2 800 Parts Manual
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3vfPbZgkgiGSjZtU1RPN25NRG8

SXR 800 Parts Manual

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3vfPbZgkgiGbHdrTDNYY0NEc28

X-2 800 Service Manual

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...0VQSlcyVlZDSlk

SXR 800 Service Manual

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...zRTRDViczN3WE0
    Last edited by aggrovated; 10-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cudaben's Avatar

my SXR cable is very long, it has a huge wave in to to eat up length.

My battery is in my fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by garrcass View Post
    Aggrovated

Do you know what the difference in steering cables are between the sxr and GEN2. ? Will a sxr cable even work ?

The cable in my hull seems tight trying to nail down if its how it is or because its a sxr cable

Did you put a battery box in under the seat ?
    "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is".

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error"
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information