Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 96 XP Pump

PWCToday Newbie

96 XP Pump

I have a stock 96 XP with stock rebuilt engine by myself & just got a great deal on a 2000 RFI 144 MM pump (big hub) which is new with a 271001024 (12/25?) impeller & am wondering if I can use stock 96 XP nozzle / steering set-up for now. I could see a reduction nozzle 85 MM or so if I need to convert this. Currently I see 6940-6960 RPM on my Tiny Tach on good day. Carbs are stock 40 MM upjetted 1 size on mag. cyl & 2 sizes on PTO Cyl. Went up 2 sizes on pilots both & have ProK flame arrestors installed. Hard jetted pipe & waterbox (Went up on pipe jet as you suggested last year from 150 to 165). I have owned a few toys in my time , cars, boats , motorcycles etc. but this Seadoo is just something else. Total rocket. I'm sure it is capable of a lot more than I am able to safely got out of it. Will this ski spin out or swap ends at speed? I was flat out on sheltered side of reservoir on very windy day & went past marina entrance with wind hitting me on right side all at once, and back end felt like it was ice. Tried to yaw to right. Scared heck out of me. Thanks.

Re: 96 XP Pump

Put some real sponsons on it, it will track better. If you think it's fast (quick) now try 7600-7800 RPM. Once you start modding it's a matter of matching all the components and the more you mod the engine the quicker it can detonate/seize so beware. Lee

Stock 12/25 impeller?
    2004 Rxp Stock Motor with other light mods
    1996 Xp Resurrected july 2014/SOLD 2016
    1991 Kawi 750cc Big pin Twin Carb Sport Cruiser Custom (Resurrected Feb 2015 completed June 2015)
    2000 XP Saved Spring 2016- Resurrected July 2016 as new
    2002 Seadoo ISLANDIA/Sold
    CANDoo Pro system

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Stock 12/25 impeller?
    THX for reply. Yes it's a stock -024 Seadoo impeller. I see guys call this the poor man's magnum pump. I am strictly a rec rider, my main goal being to not see 4 strokes running away from me as fast. I get a real kick out taking off from a no wake area along one & yes they pull me, but when they look back I'm not nearly so far back as they would like to think the old school 2 stroke is. I got this ski from local dealer's back lot minus eng. (very ugly) for 300 bucks with title & everything except engine & pump. For 150 bucks more he threw in seized 787 & pump. I've been 2 1/2 yrs. rebuilding engine & putting back together keeping it as light as you can for a stocker. With my 140 Lb. butt on it it gets right along. Please understand I am 64 yrs. old, had a stroke 6 yrs. ago & am sober 24 yrs. By any right I feel lucky to just be here typing this. So no race stuff for Roy, this is my outlet for still wild behavior I can exhibit all too frequently. These full on race skis are awesome but I don't have time or money (riding ability?) to duplicate, just being realistic about it. Thx again, Roy N.

I ran down a kid on a RXP, was idling and seat slid back reaching under for the low speeds and the kid came by and drenched me and I looked up and he was har har-ing and thought he was safe, slid the seat forward and off I go, kid looks back and freaks, hunkers down full throttle, I change to the right side of his wake and just as I get next to him he looks left again and no me, as soon as he looks back he sees me as I'm snapping the bars and nailing the throttle, he bailed off the ski and did the rag doll across the water, I whipped around and told him he better think twice the next time, as I was pulling the tow rope out I said next time I'll tow your ski over to Havasu landing and leave it adrift. oh yeah, my ski isn't stock though.

Edit; you might try an .... oops guess you can't put an X or XO on that pump and I don't know what works with your pump...
    Last edited by twk4spd; 07-23-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Solas Concord 16/24 works good for me.
    96 XP
    96 XP

trm122 is that Concorde 16/24 on a 144 MM pump? And anyone ever change from a stock diameter to a 144 MM without any other mods and actually feel the difference?

The rfi big hub pump from an 800 is a 140mm pump. You will need the impeller designed for the big hub Solas SF-CD. It feels like it's much more efficient than stock pump, like you don't need as much throttle to accelerate. Pulls harder. I went from an xo 85/88 nozzle setup to a 16/24 in an rfi pump using rfi nozzles and much improved in my opinion.
    Last edited by trm122; 07-24-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    96 XP
    96 XP

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by trm122 View Post
    The rfi big hub pump from an 800 is a 140mm pump. You will need the impeller designed for the big hub Solas SF-CD. It feels like it's much more efficient than stock pump, like you don't need as much throttle to accelerate. Pulls harder. I went from an xo 85/88 nozzle setup to a 16/24 in an rfi pump using rfi nozzles and much improved in my opinion.
    Thx for reply TRM122. I'm wondering how different RFI pump nozzle is in comparison to my stock 96 XP nozzle which is 86 MM diameter. If I have to pop for a reduction nozzle for this pump, I guess that's my next purchase. Thx Again , Royn

PWCToday Newbie

[QUOTE=rniederlander;4247712]Thx for reply TRM122. I'm wondering how different RFI pump nozzle is in comparison to my stock 96 XP nozzle which is 86 MM diameter. If I have to pop for a reduction nozzle for this pump, I guess that's my next purchase. This pump came with stock 12/25 -024 swirl type impeller. Thx Again , RoyN[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information