Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Re: How to fix the "Infometer Center Gauge" on a 1996 GTX SEADOO

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    I looked at those kits but you can buy enough film to repair 10 gauges for what they are asking for one kit, what you are buying is a small piece of film and some instructions.

That's bogus you are on the thread with the instructions , I also posted one years ago, here is where you can buy the film, search around on Ebay and you can probably find small pieces for cheaper but I just buy the big sheets and cut out what I need , that way I always have it on hand if I need to repair another gauge.

Also while the self adhesive film does work better it is not necessary, if you cut the piece to fit and just put it in there it will work just fine, I have done it both ways.

One more tip , if you do decide to get a large piece of film and cut it the film has to be oriented correctly, this means plug the gauge back up and hold the piece of film over the gauge to determine proper orientation , every time you turn the film 90 degrees it will flip from black digits on a white face to white digits on a black face.
    http://polarization.com/polarshop/pr...89c200af2a09cf
    You ever take one apart in which the sun damage is between the two layers of glass....the actual screen itself? They arent repairable at thst point, are they?
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

If the display portion inside the glass is messed up it's garbage. Also, there is no need to cut and glue anything. You can carefully pry using a 1/8" flat blade screwdriver all the way around the crimped metal ring (backside) and remove it. Then after assembly tape around the ring so it doesn't get scratched up and carefully recrimp using pliers in a wheel lug sort or pattern back and forth.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    If the display portion inside the glass is messed up it's garbage. Also, there is no need to cut and glue anything. You can carefully pry using a 1/8" flat blade screwdriver all the way around the crimped metal ring (backside) and remove it. Then after assembly tape around the ring so it doesn't get scratched up and carefully recrimp using pliers in a wheel lug sort or pattern back and forth.
    The later ones are bonded, theres no metal ring unfortunately. Theyre a ***** to get apart; usually soon after i find they're no salvagable
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    This is the way I have done them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kcr357 View Post
    The later ones are bonded, theres no metal ring unfortunately. Theyre a ***** to get apart; usually soon after i find they're no salvagable
    I have also successfully repaired one of the newer gauges as well, however you are correct they are a supreme b!tch to get apart and it took two gauges to make one good one, there is a guy on Ebay that rebuilds the newer ones, in the future I will send them off or insist they buy a new gauge, repairing the newer style gauges just isn't worth my time.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information