Largest PWC

Superstore

Collapse

World's cleanest 2004 SJ....What would you ask for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Milkdudd
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Aug 2012

World's cleanest 2004 SJ....What would you ask for it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10363.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	801.8 KB
ID:	4489149Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10372.JPG
Size:	639.4 KB
ID:	4489150Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10375.JPG
Size:	554.3 KB
ID:	4489148Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10373.JPG
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	4489151Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3817.JPG
Size:	777.0 KB
ID:	4489152

I haven't positively decided to sell, but now into my middle/late 50's the time is at least approaching. Just curious, how late in life do some of you keep riding standup's?
    Am I getting too old or just being a wuss? My first post, please forgive if I haven't done this right. Below are the details:

This 2004 Superjet MUST be the cleanest in the world. Seriously. I am the original owner, bought new in 2005. My best guess is that it has about 30 total hours on the ski (fresh water only on lake St. Clair). Due to circumstances beyond my control, my typical ride has been to float it off the trailer, ride for 45 to 90 minutes and float it back onto the trailer (pathetic story I know). It's never even been pulled onto a beach. Even the bottom of the hull doesn't have a scratch. In fact, if there's a single scratch anywhere I haven't found it. Garage kept out of the elements every day of it's life.

Tau Ceti flame arrestors and Blowsion bypass fitting (engine stock otherwise)
    UMI steering conversion with 1 inch shortened Blosion steering plate
    Blosion 4 degree bars and clamps, lock-on grips/caps and Plot (I think) trigger throttle
    Solas Concord impeller (pitched and balanced by Impros)
    Wet Wolf pump cone (nozzle bore is stock)
    Pro-Tec top loader intake grate
    Pro-Tec extended length ride plate
    Yamaha branded aluminum gas cap and nose/tray bushings
    Jettrim chin pad cover
    Battery is about one year old
    OEM Yamaha cover never used, still in box
    Original graphics (side graphics removed because I hated them)
    All stock parts are included with ski
  • SpaceCowboy
    PWCToday Guru
    • Jul 2011

Re: World's cleanest 2004 SJ....What would you ask for it?

I would ride until you die. If not sell it to me lol. That thing is clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current build 93 x2 stock graphics

Rad Dudes surf brace w/Ebox, Rad Dudes oil fill block off kit with primer hole, Rad Dudes aluminum engine cradle, Accusteer, fly bars, 750cc big pin bottom small pin top, ADA head, single SBN46, sxr prop 9/16, TBM pump stuffer, dual cooling mod, factory head pipe 650sx chamber, Westcoast exhaust mani, flow control valve, finger throttle, Rule 500 bilge, 1.5 chop, PJS waterbox

Comment

• Matt Jones
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • May 2010

What would I ask for it? Well, I wouldnt sell it! (Unless you need/want the money) That it a beautiful ski right there.

If I was going to sell it....Id say 5500. Most people will say thats high, but its mint.

Comment

• Merk
        I dream skis
        • Oct 2005

Now thats a nice superjet!

Comment

• Durhamgoat
          Resident Guru
          • Jun 2008

Ride it!
          440 JS Stock
          440 PJS ski with ported cylinders, shaved head, pjs exhaust, pjs pump and exit nozzle, etc.
          550-750 Build...http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=397055

Comment

• kawipilot
            PWCToday Guru
            • May 2002

My uncle died last year, at 72 years old. He stopped riding standups at 65. He was large too. We used to laugh as his stock 650 Superjet would struggle to get him up on plane, but once there, he would ride all day...

Comment

• linkman
              • Aug 2011

I just rode a 2014 SJ about 10 days ago. The owner paid $6700 for it brand new.
              Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
              God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

• 928 Engineer
                PWCToday Newbie
                • Jun 2014

My best friends dad rides a few days a week and hes in his mid 60s, and his mom is in her 50s. Dad buys a new Kawi and mom gets a new superjet every couple of years, goes straight from the dealership to Group K (they live in the same town) for a hammer kit...rinse, wash and repeat. Actually he just sent me a photo of the new carbon 800sxr with an 1100 triple that his dad is having built. I say ride until you can't ride anymore, and then sell that beautiful ski to one of us Michigan guys when you're done!

Comment

• bored&stroked
                  Resident Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Around here, prices for RN superjets are insane. $3500 skis are $5500 all day long. My square nose is worth like $2500. I don't get it.
                  '96 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, B-pipe, Dual 44's, Newmiller head 220psi w/girdle, Skat big hub, footholds, AMG green hell mango matte.
                  '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Comment

• Milkdudd
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Aug 2012

Thanks for the responses. Do some guys prefer the RN's built before the "redesign" in 2007 or 2008 whichever it was?

Comment

• #11 Unapproved

Originally posted by Milkdudd View Post
                      Thanks for the responses. Do some guys prefer the RN's built before the "redesign" in 2007 or 2008 whichever it was?
                      Wouldn't want it, to clean.

Comment

• Swoop1
                        PWCToday Guru
                        • Jul 2012

If you're only putting 3 hrs on it a year, 10 years 30 hrs.
                        I would let it go.
                        As far as age goes, ride until it's not fun anymore. I'm 68 and still think it the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

• jetpilot1
                          PWCToday Newbie
                          • Oct 2015

just looked at a brand new super jet. msrp is 8400 but the dealer was asking 7600. but ide rather have yours for 5000 or around there. if your gonna sell it do it as soon as possible. yamaha still pumps out alot of those superjets every year so there not that rare. but that thing is cleaner than the brand new one i just looked at. i could never part with it!!

Comment

• Milkdudd
                            PWCToday Newbie
                            • Aug 2012

Just wondering if much has changed since I posted this about two years ago. I rode it one time since these photos were taken. No change in the ski's condition. I'm pretty sure within the next week or so I will be moving this post to the skis for sale thread. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Comment

• SxiPro
                              • May 2005

The problem you may have now is that so many superjet guys are moving to aftermarket hulls and monster motors that stock or even modified SJs are not as sought after and their value has dropped since more stock used skis are on the market these days.

However, your ski is in pristine condition, and has the better hull (pre-08) so you should still do ok.
                              Changes aren't permanent, but change is.

Comment

Working...
                              X