User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

issues with Yamaha FX-1

Posted this in the FX1 section but not much activity over there. So I am posting again here to, hopefully, get some feed back:

Took my fx1 out yesterday for first time in over a year. Got a couple of issues that need to be corrected.
    1-porpoises like crazy on power, no matter where I stand in the tray.
    2-bogs down right after doing a tail stand. It almost feels like the exhaust gets plugged or blocked, but not sure.

Need some help fixing these problems.
    I weigh around 170. Ski has scoop grate, aftermarket ride plate and b-pipe.
    Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any information provided!
    '84 JS440--w/550 engine, Custom Paint, Kerker Wetpipe, SuperTrapp, UMI Bars Turnplate & Trigger, OP Nozzle and Steering Nozzle
    '96 GTX
    '94 XP
    Trinity Epic X-2

Re: issues with Yamaha FX-1

is this your first time riding the ski? they take some getting used to!

this site gets a lot of action: http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?forums/fx-1.136/
    Last edited by 550headache; 06-26-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    1995 FX-1: Pro-Tec chamber~Skat swirl~Pro-Tec plate~Blowsion Destroyers

1990 Square Nose: Blue ported Jetmaniac 718~#ZERO lightened/drilled flywheel~ADA girdled/32cc~701 B pipe/flow control~Hooker 9-15~AAA pole~Pro-Tec rideplate~Tom21 Tubbies and nose piece

2014 Super jet waiting on a B pipe and Hooker....

Re: issues with Yamaha FX-1

No. Had for a few years but haven't ridden in a year or so. But yes thesE are a hand full. Always had the porpoising problem. seemed to get worse after I added the more powerful pipe. When cruising steady on flat water, anything more than half throttle would induce the porpoising. I change my stance to minimize it but still there. Was thinking of changing stock bars to move me forward more (or shortening the pole). Heard someone once talk about shimming the ride plate rear bolts or the pump.

The bog after tail stand problem is relatively new. Didn't do that before...

Thanks!
    '84 JS440--w/550 engine, Custom Paint, Kerker Wetpipe, SuperTrapp, UMI Bars Turnplate & Trigger, OP Nozzle and Steering Nozzle
    '96 GTX
    '94 XP
    Trinity Epic X-2

Thread Information