• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • millvarine
    PWCToday Regular
    • Aug 2014

Registering jet skis

Hey guys, I thought in mass all we need is a bill of sale and HIN numbers. But on this website http://www.mass.gov/eea/grants-and-t...s-generic.html note 3 says I need a previous registration.. is this new cause this may screw me
    Last edited by millvarine; 06-15-2015, 01:43 PM.
  • millvarine
    PWCToday Regular
    • Aug 2014

Re: Registering jet skis

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/...gistration.php this says otherwise. Has anyone registered any skis yet this year?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Stixxer
      Frequent Poster
      • Mar 2005

I've never had to produce a previous registration? You can't do that with new skis, anyway. Best bet is to call and ask before you make the trip down there.

Eric

Comment

• millvarine
        PWCToday Regular
        • Aug 2014

Did your skis have previous registration numbers on then that you showed them?

Comment

• millvarine
          PWCToday Regular
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stixxer View Post
          I've never had to produce a previous registration? You can't do that with new skis, anyway. Best bet is to call and ask before you make the trip down there.

Eric
          The ski I bought is not new, I didnt know if it was a new rule

Comment

• Stixxer
            Frequent Poster
            • Mar 2005

I have one brand-new and one used. I registered the used one 3 years ago, and I didn't have (or need) the previous registration. The rules may have changed, but that does not make sense to me. I would call the bureau and ask them.

Eric

Comment

• Oddballmotorsports
              PWCToday Guru
              • Jan 2013

Im going to be in boston today.. ill let everyone know how it goes.. hopefully registering 3 skis that were previously regestered to me in nh.. funny thing is i lost my 2 last reg papers from nh.. it was actually cheaper to just pay the sales tax then to drive to nh to try and get duplicate regs printed lol.. and fyi any ski and maybe boat that was previously regestered to its current owner in nh is exempt from ma sales tax as long as u can provide the propper document...
              Holding onto the past with a white knuckle death grip

==== FOR SALE!! ====
              1987 Ultranautics Wetbike - 1988 Kawasaki 650sx - 1988 Yamaha WJ500 - 1999 BMW 528i
              === im keeping these ===
              2012 Subaru Forester (wait!? who let this one in!?) - 1981 Honda ATC250r
              01 Yamaha Blaster
              1943 Navy surplus south bend 9c - 1945 ritter dental compressor - 1960 homelite generator - 1950 craftsman table saw
              why yes.. I think I have a problem collecting stuff, Now its your turn..

Comment

Working...
              X