• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinc
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Feb 2013

Re: Reversing the 2stroke ban...

Print out some fuel injection stickers and fab up a plastic cover that covers your engine/carb when you take off the hood.
    Electric Jetski 300sx
    Sonic Jet Cafe Racer
    Wetjet
    Riding Flood waters
    701 jetmate

Comment

• ChrisMcL119
      I dream skis
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Quinc View Post
      Print out some fuel injection stickers and fab up a plastic cover that covers your engine/carb when you take off the hood.
      Haha I like what your thinkin. You could even glue an oil filter on the engine block hahaha

Comment

• JonnyX2
        Attention *****
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by justlivin31 View Post
        They also still let jet boats with dual 2 stroke engines on the water...
        Stephen!! I was just talking about you to a contractor today and VOILA!! There you are. I am inspecting one of your jobs soon

Hope all is well!
        Originally posted by Firebird A/C&Heating
        OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
        PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
        Originally posted by WB1994
        Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Comment

• linkman
          • Aug 2011

The 2 stroke ban is all a political move. If 2 strokes are a pollution problem, then logic follows that they would have started with banning all of them, or at least started with the bigger polluters (large boats with big engines). Instead they skipped the major offenders and targeted skis that burn 2 gallons per hour.
          Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
          God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

• whazguude
            • Oct 2013

Politicians lick taint.

Funny how all the people with common sense do not want to be a politician. Maybe that has to change.

Think about it... At $1200.00 per toilet seat, I could build a fleet of killer boats in no time.
            Last edited by whazguude; 06-23-2015, 10:20 AM.
            I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Comment

• tshank123
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by linkman View Post
              The 2 stroke ban is all a political move. If 2 strokes are a pollution problem, then logic follows that they would have started with banning all of them, or at least started with the bigger polluters (large boats with big engines). Instead they skipped the major offenders and targeted skis that burn 2 gallons per hour.
              Yes this has been our reality around here for years now. This is how dumb the law is: If you sit inside the hull its legal to have a 2 stroke. If you sit or stand on top of the hull its illegal.

I can take any motor out of ski's and strap it to a piece of plywood and it would be legal (assuming it was registered). I run a 1200 in my blaster (illegal). I can run twin 1200s in a yamaha boat (perfectly legal).
              High Speed Industries - http://highspeedind.com/

Comment

• whazguude
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by tshank123 View Post
                Yes this has been our reality around here for years now. This is how dumb the law is: If you sit inside the hull its legal to have a 2 stroke. If you sit or stand on top of the hull its illegal.

I can take any motor out of ski's and strap it to a piece of plywood and it would be legal (assuming it was registered). I run a 1200 in my blaster (illegal). I can run twin 1200s in a yamaha boat (perfectly legal).
                Twin twelves on a 4 x 8 sheet of pressure treated, no water box, above water level exit!!!! Fuk them, see how they like that. Mount it on some 55 gallon plastic drums and rock out.
                I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Comment

• justlivin31
                  PWCToday Regular
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by JonnyX2 View Post
                  Stephen!! I was just talking about you to a contractor today and VOILA!! There you are. I am inspecting one of your jobs soon

Hope all is well!
                  HAHA That's too funny!! What job? I'm just getting back on the water this year after a couple seasons off. I got married and also had a kid since the last time we talked. I still have the same number so hit me up sometime!
                  Young heart in an aging body.

Comment

• JonnyX2
                    Attention *****
                    • Jun 2006

Starbucks at Charleston/Decatur. Saw your guys there today and showed them where to put the address numbers.
                    Originally posted by Firebird A/C&Heating
                    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
                    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
                    Originally posted by WB1994
                    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Comment

Working...
                    X