• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blaise
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Jul 2014

New to the skis in the New London area

What's up guys?
    I just resurrected a 650sx from the dead. A full mechanical and electrical rebuild. She's up and running now with about 10 minutes of run time on the lake. I'm looking for some help to tune in the awaken dead as I know nothing about tuning jetskis. It has a rebuilt sbn44 with 120 low and 140 high jetting and 2.5 needle. The motor is stock with 1mm over bore. Exhaust is all stock. Anyways looking to meet up with someone thats a little more knowledgeable to teach me some know how on these. I live in groton, anyone near by?
    Last edited by blaise; 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM.
  • CGPro856
    PWCToday Regular
    • Jun 2015

Re: New to the skis in the New London area

I just started the same project in Clinton. '88 650 SX. Sitting in a trailer since '08. I hope to get it on the water within a couple weeks and then if I like
    it I will do a better restoration over the winter. It is my first jet ski so I know nothing about tuning or riding them but hopefully I will get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• blaise
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jul 2014

Mine was left for dead years ago but shes living now.
      I think I have the carb dialed in "OK" now. Anytime you want to meet up and ride shoot me a message. Until I get an electric bilge pump I'm staying fresh water mostly at Gardners lake in Salem.

Comment

• CGPro856
        PWCToday Regular
        • Jun 2015

I did a bunch of laps around Rogers lake in Old Lyme tonight and found two broken motor mounts when I got home. I am picking up replacements tomorrow and should be back on the water by Thursday.
        This weekend will probably be busy (4th of July) and I am a total noob so maybe not the best time to meet. But I would like to try riding with someone else sometime. Doing laps alone gets boring quick. I have never been to Gardners lake so I would like to check it out too

Comment

• blaise
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Jul 2014

During the weekdays the lake is empty and the weekends its a little busy with boats and tubes. Make sure you have your pwc cert handy cause you'll more than likely be stopped. I dont know what days you go out. I dont know how you ride alone I've had been towed in a few times already for little things. These old machines are grumpy sometimes. I'll PM you my number. I have a few extra parts too if you need anything let me know.

Comment

• CGPro856
            PWCToday Regular
            • Jun 2015

Sounds good. I am free most evenings. I have only ever ridden 4 times so far. I figure someone will rescue me if I get stuck. There are always people on the lake when I am there. That's why I have been going to a lake instead of the river or sound. I figure I am safer in a confined space.

Comment

• bobo1960
              PWCToday Regular
              • Nov 2007

Good evening Blaise, sorry so late posting here . Been away from PWC for a while on account of work, and seen your thread. I am from Waterford right on the river I bought a trash ride in 2001 and have been building it up over the years.Kind of boring riding alone so lost a little interest but getting psyched for the spring .If interested in the spring I live 2/10 of a mile from the state ramp on the Waterford side, more fun in the river and sound than the lakes. Plus I am friends with the Waterford police who patrol the river and sound. Here is the seadoo 97 gsx I revived over the years. Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	4351070

Comment

• 95gtx205
                PWCToday Regular
                • Feb 2014

Nice looking ski

Comment

• blaise
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Jul 2014

Nice looking ski! I haven't been around here much this but winter but it starting to warm up and I'm browsing the fourms. Anytime you're interested in hitting up the river shoot me a message

Comment

• pelt
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • May 2009

New to the skis in the New London area

Ac and myself ride down Groton new London way. We launch from under the bridge and ride out to the surf or jump ferry wakes. always looking for more people to ride with if you guys wanna get out sometime.
                    Last edited by pelt; 05-10-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• blaise
                      PWCToday Newbie
                      • Jul 2014

Sweet! I live 2 seconds from the Goldstar boat launch on the Groton side. Worked out all or most of the bugs this weekend and I'm ready for the river. Lets meet up sometime, I'm off weekends and most afternoons.

Comment

Working...
                      X