User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What's fair for dealer prep and freight?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    I don't care how you look at it, $2500 is extremely excessive for freight and prep.
    I think so too. That's why I'm trying to get at what is actually fair. Unfortunately, it sounds like the only guy that actually might know is being cagy and doesn't want to answer that question. Some sort of dealer's code of honor and secret pact or something. I'm really not trying to rip off a dealer, or find a way to get an amazing steal, I just want a fair deal for this boat at this time. $2500 dealer prep and freight ain't it.

I am surpirsed that dealers half way across the country can't tell me what they think is fair for this stuff, but then I guess guys in their area would be holding them to it and denying them the opportunity to make a little extra. I also asked if getting financing was any more incentive for a dealer to make a deal and got no response on that. What I have gotten so far is that it likely takes about 3-4 hours to prep a ski and that there is some mysterious price for this work set by Yamaha that I can't know... yet.

Anybody??
    "Beer, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson

So I'm thinking maybe $300 for dealer prep and $400 for freight. Does any other dealer types think this is fair? Anybody buy a new ski this season yet and pay something around this?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Dealers will have you believe that their work is something like a team of NASA engineers spending a week with a 5000 point checklist.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

I just paid 400 freight and 300 prep in Houston Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tfergusonracing's Avatar

So what's the question? They told you what they want to charge and you think it's too high (and it is ludicrous.) You obviously have a number in mind that you think is fair (answering your original question.) In a state like California with shriveling lakes, I'm sure they're not rolling in PWC sales. Make them an offer with what you think is a fair price. Tell them to love it or shove it. If they don't take it, call some out of state dealers.
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by tfergusonracing View Post
    So what's the question? They told you what they want to charge and you think it's too high (and it is ludicrous.) You obviously have a number in mind that you think is fair (answering your original question.) In a state like California with shriveling lakes, I'm sure they're not rolling in PWC sales. Make them an offer with what you think is a fair price. Tell them to love it or shove it. If they don't take it, call some out of state dealers.
    That's an interesting idea since I now have had a couple out of state dealers say they'll "make me a deal", but how am I supposed to get my new ski? What about how I get an out of state sale registered in California and whatever taxes are involved? I'm not driving across the country for it. Do people somehow ship by freight?? I might be willing to go to Reno, but much further than that and it's getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by joshualmarley View Post
    I just paid 400 freight and 300 prep in Houston Tx

Good to know, What did you buy?

Gti se 130 a

Oops a 2015 gti se 130 and a 2014 gti 155 limited

Quote Originally Posted by joshualmarley View Post
    Oops a 2015 gti se 130 and a 2014 gti 155 limited

So was the $700 for both boats, or each?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information