Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First x2 build

First x2 build

My names mike and I've had a bunch of x2s with a ton of problems so I'm going to attemp to buildone right myself. I'm using west epoxy systems and just don't know how many layers of glass to use on the hood and deck. I'm going for a full hood shave flat deck. I have a small pin 750 going in it with a factory manifold, head pipe, with the c4 chamber, mariner head, and dual 44 buckshots. Any recommendations please!

Re: First x2 build

I started fiberglassing and found its going to be a big learning curve for me. I did three layers on the inside yesterday and after it cured it seemed flimsy I could push it in a little. I did three more on top today to hopefully strengthen it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TMali's Avatar

Depends on what cloth you are using and how big of a hole. When im glassing i always over kill it

I'm using woven weave, the guy at west marine said it was best for what I'm doing but prob shouldn't have listened. Hopefully after the last thee layers it stiffens up. It isn't exacly smooth should I go over it with the epoxy resin mixed with fairing filler to get the shape I want then sand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mpaz View Post
    I'm using woven weave, the guy at west marine said it was best for what I'm doing but prob shouldn't have listened. Hopefully after the last thee layers it stiffens up. It isn't exacly smooth should I go over it with the epoxy resin mixed with fairing filler to get the shape I want then sand that?
    First off why did you cut that big hole out of the front of the hull? But to answer your question,you will need to do atleast 5 layers of cloth and resin,making sure the layers are smooth and no air bubbles between. Then a coat of resin/filler over the whole section,block sand and see where you are at then. Anytime your bridging a big gap like you have in the front of your hull,take some nice clean cardboard and tape it up under where your going to lay your glass over top to help support everything while it cures. Best advice is to search the forum and read and look at everybodies build threads,it will give you good ideas and keep you in the right direction.

I cut it out because from what I've seen to do a full hood shave you have to. I did exactly that I taped wax paper with cardboard over the gap to fill it in with glass. I will admit for my first build this wasn't a good option at all but at this point I'm at the point of no return so we'll see how this one comes out lol. I just really liked the look of the whole hump taken off.

Parts are starting to come in
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WB1994's Avatar

You dont want to do a full hoodchop. Your minimizing the options for air intake. The hump in the hood is there in part to get air into the bildge.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information