• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lamphax
    Resident Guru
    • Dec 2013

Re: Lake Austin event?

Does Emma Long Park have electric/water hookups for RV? Is there a way to make reservations that anyone knows of? I sure cant find one, but would like to bring my popup and stay the weekend.

DC
    1986 X2 750 (SXR Carbs, 650FP, #Zero flywheel, O-ring'd D head, SXR 13/18 impeller, Wet Wolf AAT, RCJS, UMI, RHAAS, chop, fill, etc.)
    1989 X2 650 (42mm Sudco, Coffmans Exhaust, Skat 16 Impeller)
    1997 Yamaha Wave Venture 760

Comment

• linkman
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lamphax View Post
      Does Emma Long Park have electric/water hookups for RV? Is there a way to make reservations that anyone knows of? I sure cant find one, but would like to bring my popup and stay the weekend.

DC
      Another web site for the Austin parks https://austintexas.gov/department/city-parks shows that they will be accepting reservations for the summer season, but they aren't taking them yet and they haven't indicated when they will be accepting reservations. Sign up for the email alert for that notification (follow the link to Austin Notes).

They aren't answering the phone at the park apparently. It does appear that some utilities are available at campsites:

Primitive Camping Site (no utilities) - $10.00 per night
      Primitive Camping Site (with water) - $20.00 per night
      Premium Camping Site (Utility Camping Non-Waterfront with water and electric) - $20.00 per night
      Premium Camping Site (Utility Camping Waterfront with water and electric) - $25.00 per night
      We do not reserve campsites. Camping is first come first serve. [contradicts info at the top of the web page ]
      Checkout of campsites are done by 12:00 PM (Noon)
      Sites must be occupied during stay; this can do done with your tent, RV or motor home.
      Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
      God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

• kotarbi
        PWCToday Guru
        • Jan 2003

Anyone setting up bouys?
        07 HydroDoo
        Proforce 2.0
        06, 07 SXR's
        85,87,88 Wetbike’s

Comment

• lamphax
          Resident Guru
          • Dec 2013

Thanks Linkman. I plan to get there Friday to reserve my spot. Hopefully I get lucky.
          1986 X2 750 (SXR Carbs, 650FP, #Zero flywheel, O-ring'd D head, SXR 13/18 impeller, Wet Wolf AAT, RCJS, UMI, RHAAS, chop, fill, etc.)

Comment

• BWT79
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Apr 2015

Just a reminder that is Father's Day weekend. And bouys would be fun. 2 Liter coke bottles work well. Is there a head count going on? Haven't seen to many pple post.

Comment

• lamphax
              Resident Guru
              • Dec 2013

I'm sure we can get some coke bottles setup without pissing anyone off too bad. So long as they get cleaned up before we go. I will bring as many as I can with weights and string, by then should have at least 10 - 15.

Comment

• BWT79
                PWCToday Newbie
                • Apr 2015

Is there a head of how many can make it? Don't wanna drive all that way for 2-3 pple.

Comment

• BWT79
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Apr 2015

Is there a head count of how many can make it? Don't wanna drive all that way for 2-3 pple.

Comment

• linkman
                    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
                    • Aug 2011

Roll call:

1. linkman

Since I don't know of a decent way to maintain this list on this site, just add a reply, add a sequential number (positive real integer adding one to the prior number for you geeks) and your name if you're going. Add multiple names and numbers if you are posting for a buddy/spouse/kids/dog/whatever.
                    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Originally posted by cujo
                    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Comment

• lamphax
                      Resident Guru
                      • Dec 2013

1. Linkman
                      2. DC

Comment

• lamphax
                        Resident Guru
                        • Dec 2013

I guess I'll see ya out there LOL

Comment

• lamphax
                          Resident Guru
                          • Dec 2013

There must be more interest in this? How often do y'all get to ride with a bunch of standups crusin the lake like a bunch of bikers?

Comment

• BWT79
                            PWCToday Newbie
                            • Apr 2015

I want to go. But I live in Montgomery just north of lake Conroe. I didn't want to drive over 3 hrs for a couple of pple. If more jump on here I would come out.

Comment

• jkts650
                              PWCToday Regular
                              • Apr 2015

Im in! Don't have a stand up, so y'all can make fun of my turd ski (TS650). Still in for the 20th?

Comment

• lamphax
                                Resident Guru
                                • Dec 2013

I'll be there. Im sure a few others will show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X