Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: It's not a Jetski, but it goes just the same!

Update: Well you can take the parts manual for the Mercury Sport Jet and throw it out the window. All the parts are similar in location and type but the sizes are all wrong including the drive shaft I bought. Ended up measuring the bearings and seals and got on google and started searching and found everything I needed. The parts are all metric. Some Yamaha seals worked. I used Timken part numbers on a few others. Everything has been sanded, cleaned up and painted and now going back together. Luckily bearings and seals came out fairly easily without special tools. I am trying a epoxy paint with a hardner on the wear ring. It smoothed out the minor grooves and it will be interesting to see if its as hard coming off as it is on the garage floor. I have added a external flushing port so I can pop a hose in the back of the boat without opening the hood. i also swithed from studs to bolts to hold the stator bowl to the main assemble. It should make a future disassembly much easier. The last thing to do is take a stab at cleaning the fuel tank. I am thinking of trying a vacumn with a small hose. Anything so I don't have to pull the tank. Lots of hours involved but if I ever do it again it will go much faster.
    @kpino22 I saved all the part #'s if you decided to do your current pump. If you switch pumps let me know as the old one is a parts gold mine.impeller.jpgEngine Bay.jpgpump.jpgride plate.jpgWear ring.jpgpump cut out.jpg
    Last edited by capndans; 08-15-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Get a cheap electric fuel pump from your favorite auto store and use that. I had to do this on my boat and it worked great. Plus, the pump can be used for a variety of things without danger of combusing any fumes.

PWCToday Newbie

On the above recommendation I have eliminated the primer bulb and installed a fuel pump and am finally ready to give it a try. Irma's passage through Florida took away two months of being able to mess with the project. I have removed all the old stripping as after 25 years they were finally starting to delaminate.
    I am now working to come up with a more modern look. I also added a Yamaha quick disconnect flush kit mounting it right on the back of the boat making flushing quick and easy.Deck.jpgside view.jpgJetstar 2.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information