• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbeezy
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Jul 2013

Bartlett buoy track?

Yo, new to this but I wanna ride buoys and I don't wanna go to Havasu every time. Is there always a buoy track set up at Bartlett?
  • dbloxx2
    I dream skis
    • Oct 2012

Re: Bartlett buoy track?

It's not a bouy track persay it has a ton of bouys set up for reefs/rocks and good shore line to practice on
    '86 Kawasaki x2- still deciding what to do with it
    '88 Kawasaki x2 - waiting to become epic
    '94 Kawasaki 550sx-750 conversion
    '94 Kawasaki 750ss - pile of $h*t at the moment
    '97 Kawasaki 1100 stx - wifes whip

Comment

• jbeezy
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jul 2013

Ya word. Went on Sunday. It was a great time. Didn't get chirped by anyone fishing and didn't go thru too much white trash nonsense on the beach! ��

Comment

• bored&stroked
        Resident Guru
        • Dec 2006

White trash non-sense? Your not from around here are you lol
        '96 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, B-pipe, Dual 44's, Newmiller head 220psi w/girdle, Skat big hub, footholds, AMG green hell mango matte.
        '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Comment

• jbeezy
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Jul 2013

Well I'm from flagstaff. Haha. Should I expect white ready nonsense?! Haha.

Comment

• jbeezy
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Jul 2013

White trash. Haha. I don't know why but even auto correct doesn't want to deal with white trash.

Comment

• kawi kid
              Frequent Poster
              • May 2012

Not sure what your definition of white trash is. But you generally don't see too much of it at the lakes. Join the Phoenix Jet Sports Association on facebook if your down here often.

Comment

• jbeezy
                PWCToday Newbie
                • Jul 2013

I don't have Facebook unfortunately. But I'm down there riding pretty often. My SXR is a gutless turd at 7000' here in flag. Maybe just shoot me a quick pm with where your going to ride? If not no big deal.

And white trash lake pleasant experience:
                Dude drives his Hyundai elantra front wheels into the lake, flips the doors open, bumps his stock 4"x6" system to gangster rap while his over weight lady friend freak dances on the hood and he chugs beer and throws the bottles in the bushes.

Definitely didn't see that at Bartlett. Haha.

Comment

• kawi kid
                  Frequent Poster
                  • May 2012

Haha yeah we share a similar definition. Bartlett is usually dead until the end of spring since everyone goes to the closer lakes in the East Valley. Should be a bunch of us at Saguaro this Sunday if you will be down here

Comment

• jbeezy
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Jul 2013

Cool! Ya I think I can make saguaro Sunday. Just gotta take a buddy to hurricane Utah for a WORCS race on Saturday.

Comment

• jbeezy
                      PWCToday Newbie
                      • Jul 2013

So with some slalom ski buoys, 3lbs weights from walmart and some para cord, I made my own buoy track at Bartlett. I also used some navigational buoys that were already surrounding a submerged island. And had so much fun! For about 20 minutes, then Johnny law said "these buoys are for navigational purposes!" To which I clearly replied "I am navigating them". Clearly frustrated he then said "you have to be 150' apart when you are doing those maneuvers! And that I will give you a ticket for!" So, I shut my mouth. But went back a few weeks later and set up the same track just rode it by myself and not with my buddies and they didn't seem to care.

Comment

• JetskiAZ
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Mar 2014

Nice response, but Johnny Law doesn't know the law apparently. It's 60 ft not 150 ft, but you were wise to just let him have his power trip at that point.

There isn't a state law against what you were doing, but that isn't to say the Sheriff or Game & Fish won't get creative and remember that the judge you will see is most likely a crony appointee that has no legal background. The NFS is responsible for putting out the navigational markers, and while there may be a federal law against what you were doing, they would have to find an available forest ranger who knew it and have him write you a ticket. Next time play dumb and ask them to 'educate' you as usually they carry copies of the boaters guide on their vessels. While those are guides and not laws per se, they may have actual laminated copies of the A.R.S. on board too, which would be fun to see their faces when they realize what they said was incorrect. However, don't take it too far, as there is always that catch-all "failure to obey the lawful command of a peace officer" which usually does not go in your favor. Last time I got that it was a $2500 fine and 6 months in jail until I pled it down.

Comment

• iluvsp4m
                          PWCToday Newbie
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by JetskiAZ View Post
                          There isn't a state law against what you were doing...
                          There is, however, a USFS requirement for a permit to be issued before building any permanent/semi-permanent structure on USFS land(and waters), of which applies to setting a buoy. To get said permit you must fill out the same forms and go through the same approval process that is required if you wanted to drill a well, cut down some trees, clear a new road or install more 'bass bungalows'. As you can imagine, it is a long & convoluted process heavy on oversight and bureaucratic approval. The cherry on top is the local MCSO top-dog must approve it to make it final. Once you received said permit... lulz, let's just play make believe for a moment... you must maintain the 60' buffer and if anyone decided they wanted to use that area(say fish in the middle of your track or the rental guy leaps in without thinking/looking) you are not be able to restrict or deter them beyond asking them politely to move. I tried this a decade ago and succeeded solely in annoying the former CCRD bureaucrats. That being said, careful running the reef buoys across from the Flats: just north of the northernmost hazard around the big cove is a jagged, broken pipe about 2' under water 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• jbeezy
                            PWCToday Newbie
                            • Jul 2013

Dang. We need "jet skiing is not a crime" stickers. Thanks for all the info tho! But all this nonsense is why everyone just makes the journey to Havasu to shred apparently.

Comment

• jbeezy
                              PWCToday Newbie
                              • Jul 2013

And side note, the hazard markers near the broken pipe is what I combined my slalom ski buoys with to make my turn track that the cops be hating on.

Comment

Working...
                              X