Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bartlett buoy track?

So with some slalom ski buoys, 3lbs weights from walmart and some para cord, I made my own buoy track at Bartlett. I also used some navigational buoys that were already surrounding a submerged island. And had so much fun! For about 20 minutes, then Johnny law said "these buoys are for navigational purposes!" To which I clearly replied "I am navigating them". Clearly frustrated he then said "you have to be 150' apart when you are doing those maneuvers! And that I will give you a ticket for!" So, I shut my mouth. But went back a few weeks later and set up the same track just rode it by myself and not with my buddies and they didn't seem to care.

PWCToday Newbie

Nice response, but Johnny Law doesn't know the law apparently. It's 60 ft not 150 ft, but you were wise to just let him have his power trip at that point.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....=5&DocType=ARS

There isn't a state law against what you were doing, but that isn't to say the Sheriff or Game & Fish won't get creative and remember that the judge you will see is most likely a crony appointee that has no legal background. The NFS is responsible for putting out the navigational markers, and while there may be a federal law against what you were doing, they would have to find an available forest ranger who knew it and have him write you a ticket. Next time play dumb and ask them to 'educate' you as usually they carry copies of the boaters guide on their vessels. While those are guides and not laws per se, they may have actual laminated copies of the A.R.S. on board too, which would be fun to see their faces when they realize what they said was incorrect. However, don't take it too far, as there is always that catch-all "failure to obey the lawful command of a peace officer" which usually does not go in your favor. Last time I got that it was a $2500 fine and 6 months in jail until I pled it down.

Quote Originally Posted by JetskiAZ View Post
    There isn't a state law against what you were doing...
    There is, however, a USFS requirement for a permit to be issued before building any permanent/semi-permanent structure on USFS land(and waters), of which applies to setting a buoy. To get said permit you must fill out the same forms and go through the same approval process that is required if you wanted to drill a well, cut down some trees, clear a new road or install more 'bass bungalows'. As you can imagine, it is a long & convoluted process heavy on oversight and bureaucratic approval. The cherry on top is the local MCSO top-dog must approve it to make it final. Once you received said permit... lulz, let's just play make believe for a moment... you must maintain the 60' buffer and if anyone decided they wanted to use that area(say fish in the middle of your track or the rental guy leaps in without thinking/looking) you are not be able to restrict or deter them beyond asking them politely to move. I tried this a decade ago and succeeded solely in annoying the former CCRD bureaucrats. That being said, careful running the reef buoys across from the Flats: just north of the northernmost hazard around the big cove is a jagged, broken pipe about 2' under water 2 weeks ago.

Dang. We need "jet skiing is not a crime" stickers. Thanks for all the info tho! But all this nonsense is why everyone just makes the journey to Havasu to shred apparently.

And side note, the hazard markers near the broken pipe is what I combined my slalom ski buoys with to make my turn track that the cops be hating on.

Dude you will have to post next time you plan on going and setting up a track again, Im always looking for someone to set up a track with and Id be more than happy to contribute!

I dream skis Firebird A/C&Heating's Avatar

See you at body beach....Meow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    88 bullet reed 550.. if your 550 can beat it.. you can have mine.
    03 SXR 800

Is that a new helmet?!

I dream skis Firebird A/C&Heating's Avatar

That is Laurens old helmet. It is a good looking helmet. It was getting old and worn out on inside.
    She and her twin sister are running matching black helmets now.
    88 bullet reed 550.. if your 550 can beat it.. you can have mine.
    03 SXR 800

i like the black one better. i feel like she can do without death metal skulls on her helmet. ha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information