Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Goosebury

PWCToday Regular

Goosebury

Is there any good big waves during the year out by Goosebury or Horseneck?

Frequent Poster

Re: Goosebury

Absolutely. Gooseberry has free parking and a section for trailers only. The ramp is sand, so you'd better have a four-wheel drive vehicle. Horseneck has waves and the ramp is at the head of Westport. But, there is a l-o-n-g no-wake zone to get out to the water.

Eric

PWCToday Regular

My grandparents have a house on the river. I just was wondering if the waves get 4 or so feet out there somewhere. I'm sure there are some sandbars they break over. Do they get 4 feet often?

edit: the house is right by the bridge, are there a good amount of standup riders out there?
    Last edited by millvarine; 03-17-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Frequent Poster

On a good day, the waves will be 12-16 feet. 4-6 on an average day, and some days are flat or just choppy. There are sandbars galore - one just outside the mouth of the river and then 2 more if you follow the beach. My favorite spot is the point of Gooseberry (there is a pole on a large rock - waves break to the right of the rock). Not too many standups out there, I only know of 1 regular, and he goes out of Gooseberry. Nice to have a launch point on the river there.

Eric

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home crueldude's Avatar
    Blog Entries

12 to 16 feet? No way. The waves are good jumpers but no way have I've seen them that big. What river are you on? If it's the West Westport River you stand a good chance of getting grounded. And Goosebury is tricky because its rocky near the ramp and there's some boulders out by the point. Since you're unfamiliar use the public ramp and travel that loooong no wake zone. It's worth it if the rip is good. And it usually is. Three to five footers are typical. Heaven.

PWCToday Regular

3 to 5 footers where typically? My grandparents live right near the bridge across the harbor

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thread Information