Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sean Heidorn, Stagesrt4, deceitful & unprincipled seller

Itis with sadness that I have to write this thread. I have put offwriting it since November last year. Iím not here to make enemies,Iím here to learn about Jet Sis from the best in the business,share my build experiences and hopefully buy some quality used partsat the right price.

I have asked the advice ofa number of people on this forum.
    Many had been duped bythis individual! Some advised not to write this thread, but theoverwhelming majority urged me to tell others of my experiences.

My first experience withSean was through eBay and before I joined PWCtoday, when I purchaseda ďZeroĒ lightened flywheel from him. When it arrived I fitted itto my Kawasaki 650 engine, only to find that the ring gear did notline up. I got in touch with Sean and it was eventually establishedthat he had sent me a Yamaha flywheel instead. He then wanted me tosend the flywheel back at my expense and argued that he would notsend me the correct one until he had received the wrong one back inhis possession.
    I live in Australia,postage is expensive and it was his mistake. It was his endeavour tokeep me strung along until the time in which I would be able to makea paypal claim would have expired.

I did end up getting thecorrect flywheel from this fellow (people should be aware that theseflywheels have not been balanced since they were machined.), howeverI was out of pocket a certain amount and it was only my determinationnot to give up and my opening up a claim with paypal that eventuallyproduced results. I was still out of pocket a certain amount. Itturned out to be a very expensive flywheel. In the time frame it tookto arrive I had already bought a Jetnetics.

Last November on thisforum Sean listed numerous Kawasaki parts for sale. I emailed himstating the parts I would buy. He emailed me back and said that hewould do me a good deal because he owed me, that is when I realised Iwas dealing with the same guy from eBay I thought cool, maybe he istrying make up for doing the wrong thing in the past. Unfortunatelyhe had not included all of the parts I had requested (and that he hadconfirmed I had bought). He later stated that he didnít read mymessage properly. He asked if I still wanted the rest of the parts.To which I replied that I did. Throughout all of this he had alreadybeen paid by me.

After some time, I gotsuspicious and checked my paypal account and found that Sean hadrefunded my money but not told me. This made me angry because I hadpaid for the parts and postage and believed that they were on theirway. It turned out that Sean had sold the parts to someone else. Ireally needed those parts and had turned down other sellers withsimilar parts in the meantime. When I quizzed him on why he had donethis, he offered me $25 for my troubles. I did not accept his offer.Because it wasnít about the money! It was about the parts that Ineeded and had paid him for!!

I messaged Sean and toldhim that I was going to start a negative feedback thread about myexperiences with him. He did not reply and I have held off from doingso because I have not seen him back on the forum until now.

I understand that Sean hasfriends on this forum and they may wish to defend him. But maybe theyare unaware of just how he practices his business.

I have saved all of themessaged and can back up all that I have said here.

Sean appears smarter andmore charismatic than Dirkdiggler (Boom Dodger) but is of the sameilk.

Iím not a rooky when itcomes to buying parts. I have bought nearly $20000US in parts onPWCtoday alone in the last 14 months and this guy is the only one whohas done the wrong thing by me.

I only did business withhim twice because I was unaware that they were the same person untilSean told me.

It's people like Sean whotake business away from struggling legitimate sellers and turn peopleaway from PWCtoday.

There may be people outthere who are very happy with the transactions they have had withSean Heidorn (Stagesrt4), but that does not detract from thedisappointing experiences I have had with him.
    If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!!

Re: Sean Heidorn, Stagesrt4, deceitful & unprincipled seller

this was a year and a half ago but Sean took care of me and gave me a good deal on a 750 and took the time to talk to me on the phone and help me with my conversion and I will always be grateful for that
    I personally wont sell anything beyond the 48 states anymore because it ended up being a PITA for me and I ate $
    I would buy from him again
    super couch
    550sx with 701 and big pump
    550 RC-520
    809cc X2

PWCToday Regular

Bought 2 ski's from the guy had a problem with one not running a few weeks later thought it was a fuel pump he had no problem with sending a new one at his expense later found out that wasn't the issue and he told me to go ahead and keep the extra pump and haven't had a problem since bought another ski from him a year later and he threw in some extra parts and I love the ski it was in better shape than he described, couldn't ask for a better or nicer seller. IMO

as they say, opinions vary. it's not that uncommon to want the wrong product back before he sends the right one.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pgkelly172 View Post
    as they say, opinions vary. it's not that uncommon to want the wrong product back before he sends the right one.
    Sure, but why should the customer pay the return shipping for the seller's mistake? Put yourself in the buyer's shoes here. You pay for something in good faith, you're sent the wrong item, the seller knows he sent you the wrong item, and now YOU (the buyer) are expected to send it back at your own expense AND wait for the correct item that you paid for?

I get it, people make mistakes, and international shipping is expensive - but the difference between good and bad sellers is how they deal with problems - especially problems of their own creation.

I suppose there are several ways this issue could have been dealt with:

Great seller = expedite the correct flywheel immediately and pay for the buyer's shipping to return the incorrect flywheel, or pay the buyer to ship the incorrect flywheel to another buyer (creative way to keep people happy and minimize losses).

Great seller = expedite the correct flywheel and just tell the buyer to keep the incorrect flywheel. Perhaps ask your buyer to just sell that incorrect flywheel and split the proceeds with you - but that requires trust, and I get that people who aren't trustworthy often struggle with trusting others.

Good seller = Paypal the buyer the money to cover the return shipping. Wait for the incorrect flywheel to arrive. Ship the correct flywheel via the same method originally used when the first incorrect flywheel was shipped.

Yep, tough situation for both parties when something like this occurs, but does anyone honestly think it's fair for the buyer to suffer the brunt of the cost for the seller's mistake?

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

When this happens on Ebay and the seller does not want to play ball, Ebay usually issues a refund and the buyer keeps the parts, just telling you how it goes down in the real world.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Exactly; one can realize this and play ball and come out looking good, or not play ball, lose teh part and the money, and look like a d ick.
    People above diggler and fiore IQ can ration out the best course of action....
    /QUOTE=WFO Speedracer;4183684]When this happens on Ebay and the seller does not want to play ball, Ebay usually issues a refund and the buyer keeps the parts, just telling you how it goes down in the real world.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by kcr357; 03-02-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

just go to the post office and say, "this wasn't supposed to come to me. please return to sender" I've done that once and it works. don't know what the rules are in australia, but you should have tried that to get free return postage.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pgkelly172 View Post
    just go to the post office and say, "this wasn't supposed to come to me. please return to sender" I've done that once and it works. don't know what the rules are in australia, but you should have tried that to get free return postage.
    Yeah, I'm not sure that works once the package is opened? Maybe?

The OP here had to open the box and attempt to install the flywheel to discover the seller's error. He doesn't say how much time went by between receipt of the flywheel till the attempted install. It's not like the postman handed him the package and he could have known to refuse receipt until he went through the process that he detailed above. Regardless, none of these variables change who caused the issue in the first place, and I honestly can't come up with any way to twist this to somehow manage to blame the buyer.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Yep 100% the sellers responsibility to make sure he sends the correct parts, if it's going overseas even more so, the flywheels have part numbers stamped right on the damn flywheel , no excuses , no friends saying how great a guy he is is going to fix this one, sorry fan club.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 03-03-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information