Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

X2 cover prototype sneak peek

Here is a little something I have been working on, it is a storage cover for a Flat top gen 1 X2 , I haven't put the zipper and the hole for the steering in just yet, it will be a two piece cover like the one I made for my SX with a separate cover for the handlebar. This cover is made from Sunbrella and has shock cord sewn into the hem, it is my flat topped flat deck with 1.5" taken off the back.

Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

Re: X2 cover prototype sneak peek

I'd be in for one if you get the bar cover worked out, would I be able to have one custom made for my x2, the bars are raised up and the steering is moved back, also how would it work with a rockered nose

Send it!
    IL Jet Riders

Not sure on the rockered nose , it would depend on where it is cut at and what exactly has been altered. I am aware of the issues on the steering, what you would do is trace an outline onto a piece of cardboard and send it to me, I would make the cover off that pattern, it's made like a pistol case, you slip one side of the handlebar in and zip up the other side.I have one on my SX conversion ski that I made this way.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    Not sure on the rockered nose , it would depend on where it is cut at and what exactly has been altered. I am aware of the issues on the steering, what you would do is trace an outline onto a piece of cardboard and send it to me, I would make the cover off that pattern, it's made like a pistol case, you slip one side of the handlebar in and zip up the other side.I have one on my SX conversion ski that I made this way.
    Ok I would be interested when you start making them, every cover I put on doesn't fit right with my bars and nose, almost every weekend I was fishing a cover out of the lake, I'll have to figure something out about the nose, any idea on how much these are going to cost?

I am shooting for around $125.00 to 150.00 depending on exactly how much customization I have to do to the cover, I looked at your thread basically I would just end my pattern at the back of the bumper should be easy enough to accommodate, I will also need to know how much if any is chopped off the back of the ski and if the steering is in the stock location or not

As for customization, for example I noticed on your ski you are not using a rear cover, the back section of the pattern is significantly lower than the hood line and will need to be lowered to fit your ski properly.

I will post some more pics when the zipper is installed and the handler bar cover is made.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 01-16-2015 at 02:57 PM.

I would love to have a pair of these for my x2s. Are you gonna make any for stock ski length/hood/seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tlynch View Post
    I would love to have a pair of these for my x2s. Are you gonna make any for stock ski length/hood/seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possibly I do have a stock hood and seat for the Mach 5 , what I don't have is a stock length ski but that should be easy enough to figure by adding back what I took off of mine.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JHR's Avatar

cool lets see when done with steering on ( shaved hood )

My steering setup is quite different from everyone elses.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

WFO, Rusty given these a road test yet?

Home of Newmiller Machine

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information