• SDHX
    PWCToday Guru
    • Jul 2016

Re: Sarasota area riders

Click image for larger version

Name:	ht.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	4367458hard to see in this pic, but, on the back side, you can see where the frame support meets the axle, and there is not enough space for the width of the LP Pneumatic balloon tires to fit. If I decide to pay someone to make all the modifications (I am mechanically inclined, but I don't have a ton of resources, welders, torches, etc) itll probably be in the $300-400 range after all said and done.. looks like I may have to start saving for a beach cart!

@StuRat

StuRat , I am down all year long...I must warn you, I am a vet when it comes to the HX/WB hulls, sit downs, etc, but I am a newb on a standup! Just got my first one in Sept and have only been out a couple of times! so as long as you have patience, I'm down to ride whenever! (I think after spending a full rip session, I'll be good to go! I think ive only got a total of 1 and a 1/2 hours of tray time)
    Last edited by SDHX; 03-28-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• StuRat
      Resident Guru
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Bob Gruen View Post
      Stop in at Wade's off of 301 (Palmer Wood Court, behind Precision Cycle). He can hook you up with local riders. I think Spider works there too.

Bob
      Yep, Wade is my go-to guy. He's known my Dad longer than I have haha
      1994 WB1 1100 conversion - 57mph on GPS

Comment

• StuRat
        Resident Guru
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by SDHX View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]520505[/ATTACH]hard to see in this pic, but, on the back side, you can see where the frame support meets the axle, and there is not enough space for the width of the LP Pneumatic balloon tires to fit. If I decide to pay someone to make all the modifications (I am mechanically inclined, but I don't have a ton of resources, welders, torches, etc) itll probably be in the $300-400 range after all said and done.. looks like I may have to start saving for a beach cart!

@StuRat

StuRat , I am down all year long...I must warn you, I am a vet when it comes to the HX/WB hulls, sit downs, etc, but I am a newb on a standup! Just got my first one in Sept and have only been out a couple of times! so as long as you have patience, I'm down to ride whenever! (I think after spending a full rip session, I'll be good to go! I think ive only got a total of 1 and a 1/2 hours of tray time)
        Yep Wade is right there behind the IHOP/Precision Cycle.

There are 2 carts for sale right now I think around the orlando craigslist

and I could care less if you were a pro or a noob, another ski in the water is always good. I havent swam in 2 years so I doubt I'll pick up where I left off haha

as far as the cart goes you just need a wider axle. A junked 4 wheeler or golf cart will have exactly what you need

Comment

• SDHX
          PWCToday Guru
          • Jul 2016

ahh! I forgot! as you said, Orlando CL, I usually use "searchtempest" when Im trying to find a specific item...it searches ALL craigslist within a certain radius, not just "here are a few local results"...

and, I see what you're saying, I can take the cotter pins/wheels off of the handtruck, slide that axle out, and use a longer one..
          excellent..
          I'll figure it out!
          and, yes, we'll come up w a plan to ride soon! got a few things scheduled in the next two weeks, but will be ready to ride sometime after.

and, as an FYI, at the coquina boat ramp, they have recently passed an ordinance where NO jetskis kayaks, boats, TUBES ( I know right) etc, can be placed at the shoreline anymore, so there's really no place to launch your ski, ride it around the dock, beach it quickly, jump back onto the rocks, sand, dock, then into your car to move it... theyre sitting right there ready to give you a ticket...and especially when the boat ramp is packed, and you have a ton of people waiting for you to get your car out of the way...luckily I carry my badge and I got out of it the last 2 times, but I'm not one to bend or break the rules, so this is kind of why I want the beach cart, so I can just launch it right out of my yard and into either the gulf or the bay. Its only about a mile from coquina beach ramp anyway..

Comment

• StuRat
            Resident Guru
            • Dec 2014

ahh! I forgot! as you said, Orlando CL, I usually use "searchtempest" when Im trying to find a specific item...it searches ALL craigslist within a certain radius, not just "here are a few local results"...

and, I see what you're saying, I can take the cotter pins/wheels off of the handtruck, slide that axle out, and use a longer one..
            excellent..
            I'll figure it out!
            and, yes, we'll come up w a plan to ride soon! got a few things scheduled in the next two weeks, but will be ready to ride sometime after.

and, as an FYI, at the coquina boat ramp, they have recently passed an ordinance where NO jetskis kayaks, boats, TUBES ( I know right) etc, can be placed at the shoreline anymore, so there's really no place to launch your ski, ride it around the dock, beach it quickly, jump back onto the rocks, sand, dock, then into your car to move it... theyre sitting right there ready to give you a ticket...and especially when the boat ramp is packed, and you have a ton of people waiting for you to get your car out of the way...luckily I carry my badge and I got out of it the last 2 times, but I'm not one to bend or break the rules, so this is kind of why I want the beach cart, so I can just launch it right out of my yard and into either the gulf or the bay. Its only about a mile from coquina beach ramp anyway..
            I normally put in at 10th street since I can get in and out pretty quickly. Other than that if I am meeting up with someone else we will hit Shell Road by the Village and just hulk it out of the truck bed. Its been a bit since Ive been in Florida so I'm just excited to go rip around for a while. Been in a PNW prison up here...

Comment

• SDHX
              PWCToday Guru
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by StuRat View Post
              I normally put in at 10th street since I can get in and out pretty quickly. Other than that if I am meeting up with someone else we will hit Shell Road by the Village and just hulk it out of the truck bed. Its been a bit since Ive been in Florida so I'm just excited to go rip around for a while. Been in a PNW prison up here...
              I hope the food was good! Lol. When will you be coming back to fl?

Comment

• StuRat
                Resident Guru
                • Dec 2014

I hope the food was good! Lol. When will you be coming back to fl?
                Haha, besides PHO this place has zero food culture. It's terrible. I'll be leaving here in exactly 1 month, should be back the first week of May sometime, making a pitstop in MS for a ski

Comment

Working...
                X