Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Guru

Re: Sarasota area riders

Quote Originally Posted by SDHX View Post
    @nammer, you freak, its nick (with the HX) from SDF hit me up, I got the 650 sx and looking to rip soon

Y'all trying to have a hootenanny or a hoedown? I'm gonna be down to rip for weeks
    1992 750SX - AC alum pole, Coffman signature series, BCW intake/SBN44, Blowsion FA, Ocean Pro rp, westcoast scoop

1994 550sx - Reed motor, Kerker 2 piece, CDK2 38, Ocean Pro rp + intake grate, finger throttle

Quote Originally Posted by StuRat View Post
    Y'all trying to have a hootenanny or a hoedown? I'm gonna be down to rip for weeks
    Lol I don't know what either of those mean. When I hear "ho down", I immediately look to see if my ex-wife just got sniped while sneaking up on me.

i usually launch at coquina, but the boat ramp is literally mayhem. I am working on getting/building a beach cart so I can literally launch right out of my backyard (can fit the trailer there, but won't be able to pull it back up without the car, and the car won't fit between the pylons)

PWCToday Guru

Lol I don't know what either of those mean. When I hear "ho down", I immediately look to see if my ex-wife just got sniped while sneaking up on me.

i usually launch at coquina, but the boat ramp is literally mayhem. I am working on getting/building a beach cart so I can literally launch right out of my backyard (can fit the trailer there, but won't be able to pull it back up without the car, and the car won't fit between the pylons)
    Golf cart tires work great if you're not going anywhere near Siesta. You don't need much.

Those are hick words for party. Maybe we should organize a mid year meetup?
    1992 750SX - AC alum pole, Coffman signature series, BCW intake/SBN44, Blowsion FA, Ocean Pro rp, westcoast scoop

1994 550sx - Reed motor, Kerker 2 piece, CDK2 38, Ocean Pro rp + intake grate, finger throttle

Stop in at Wade's off of 301 (Palmer Wood Court, behind Precision Cycle). He can hook you up with local riders. I think Spider works there too.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gruen View Post
    Stop in at Wade's off of 301 (Palmer Wood Court, behind Precision Cycle). He can hook you up with local riders. I think Spider works there too.

Bob

ahh, I know exactly where that is! (I think?) around 301 and university intersection if I recall.

Well, hit a stumbling block on the beach cart yesterday... was thinking of going with a harbor freight hand truck, the biggest tire set they have is 13".. I was planning to cut the kick plate and the two little side plates off of it, using an angle grinder and cutoof wheel ($11 on sale as well) but then I looked, the hub space on the axle is only about an inch or so, and to get the balloon tires (18-21"), they wont fit on the available hub space..way too wide...

If I could find a used one, as long as it was in ok shape, I would spend up to $200 but I haven't had any luck... I've looked EVERYWHERE..all the forums that have classifieds, Ive put up a want to buy ad on them as well, searched all over the web, etc..

looks like the cheapest new one is $439 plus shipping, and it only has the angle bunks, and the one with the full bunks is $489 plus shipping, etc... then they get up to $785

so, in the HF Handtruck pic, I was looking to set it up like the others I've seen.. the red arrows = cutting those plates off, green lines=bunks (set them at the best balancing point) and the orange is a hook for the bow or stern eye.

700-lb_-Capacity-Bigfoot-Hand-Truck-300x300.jpg

ht.jpghard to see in this pic, but, on the back side, you can see where the frame support meets the axle, and there is not enough space for the width of the LP Pneumatic balloon tires to fit. If I decide to pay someone to make all the modifications (I am mechanically inclined, but I don't have a ton of resources, welders, torches, etc) itll probably be in the $300-400 range after all said and done.. looks like I may have to start saving for a beach cart!

@StuRat

StuRat , I am down all year long...I must warn you, I am a vet when it comes to the HX/WB hulls, sit downs, etc, but I am a newb on a standup! Just got my first one in Sept and have only been out a couple of times! so as long as you have patience, I'm down to ride whenever! (I think after spending a full rip session, I'll be good to go! I think ive only got a total of 1 and a 1/2 hours of tray time)
    Last edited by SDHX; 03-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gruen View Post

Bob
    Yep, Wade is my go-to guy. He's known my Dad longer than I have haha

PWCToday Guru

ht.jpghard to see in this pic, but, on the back side, you can see where the frame support meets the axle, and there is not enough space for the width of the LP Pneumatic balloon tires to fit. If I decide to pay someone to make all the modifications (I am mechanically inclined, but I don't have a ton of resources, welders, torches, etc) itll probably be in the $300-400 range after all said and done.. looks like I may have to start saving for a beach cart!

@StuRat

StuRat , I am down all year long...I must warn you, I am a vet when it comes to the HX/WB hulls, sit downs, etc, but I am a newb on a standup! Just got my first one in Sept and have only been out a couple of times! so as long as you have patience, I'm down to ride whenever! (I think after spending a full rip session, I'll be good to go! I think ive only got a total of 1 and a 1/2 hours of tray time)
    Yep Wade is right there behind the IHOP/Precision Cycle.

There are 2 carts for sale right now I think around the orlando craigslist

and I could care less if you were a pro or a noob, another ski in the water is always good. I havent swam in 2 years so I doubt I'll pick up where I left off haha

as far as the cart goes you just need a wider axle. A junked 4 wheeler or golf cart will have exactly what you need

ahh! I forgot! as you said, Orlando CL, I usually use "searchtempest" when Im trying to find a specific item...it searches ALL craigslist within a certain radius, not just "here are a few local results"...

and, I see what you're saying, I can take the cotter pins/wheels off of the handtruck, slide that axle out, and use a longer one..
    excellent..
    I'll figure it out!
    and, yes, we'll come up w a plan to ride soon! got a few things scheduled in the next two weeks, but will be ready to ride sometime after.

and, as an FYI, at the coquina boat ramp, they have recently passed an ordinance where NO jetskis kayaks, boats, TUBES ( I know right) etc, can be placed at the shoreline anymore, so there's really no place to launch your ski, ride it around the dock, beach it quickly, jump back onto the rocks, sand, dock, then into your car to move it... theyre sitting right there ready to give you a ticket...and especially when the boat ramp is packed, and you have a ton of people waiting for you to get your car out of the way...luckily I carry my badge and I got out of it the last 2 times, but I'm not one to bend or break the rules, so this is kind of why I want the beach cart, so I can just launch it right out of my yard and into either the gulf or the bay. Its only about a mile from coquina beach ramp anyway..

PWCToday Guru

ahh! I forgot! as you said, Orlando CL, I usually use "searchtempest" when Im trying to find a specific item...it searches ALL craigslist within a certain radius, not just "here are a few local results"...

and, I see what you're saying, I can take the cotter pins/wheels off of the handtruck, slide that axle out, and use a longer one..
    excellent..
    I'll figure it out!
    and, yes, we'll come up w a plan to ride soon! got a few things scheduled in the next two weeks, but will be ready to ride sometime after.

and, as an FYI, at the coquina boat ramp, they have recently passed an ordinance where NO jetskis kayaks, boats, TUBES ( I know right) etc, can be placed at the shoreline anymore, so there's really no place to launch your ski, ride it around the dock, beach it quickly, jump back onto the rocks, sand, dock, then into your car to move it... theyre sitting right there ready to give you a ticket...and especially when the boat ramp is packed, and you have a ton of people waiting for you to get your car out of the way...luckily I carry my badge and I got out of it the last 2 times, but I'm not one to bend or break the rules, so this is kind of why I want the beach cart, so I can just launch it right out of my yard and into either the gulf or the bay. Its only about a mile from coquina beach ramp anyway..
    I normally put in at 10th street since I can get in and out pretty quickly. Other than that if I am meeting up with someone else we will hit Shell Road by the Village and just hulk it out of the truck bed. Its been a bit since Ive been in Florida so I'm just excited to go rip around for a while. Been in a PNW prison up here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information