Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cleatusjo's Avatar

Installing sponsons on a 94' Kawi. TS

Got a set of Beach house sponsons for my ZXI. they need to be cleaned up and the logo re-lettered. Figured I'd have some fun with my Tandem Sport build. Here's my set of " Mad House " sponsons for the Tandem Sport. Just have to really investigate the best way to mount them to the hull. Will be checking out stainless inserts, any glass work needed. Have no reference for a starting point so the design i started with is very close to the ZXI Beach House set. I will leave the front convex for lift, vs concave for " stick". Will adjust next year after testing.
    * Any input installing sonsons ( with bolts and inserts ) will be appreciated ! The rear waterline of the ski is very thick and beefy. I want to do this correct. I will sell them rather than do a job I'm not capable of.

Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Installing sponsons on a 94' Kawi. TS

rivnuts are the product you are looking for
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

Thanks again WFO.

Somewhere here i believe i have a tool to install the wurth rivnuts, 6mm x 1.25 thread is the only mandrel i have for that setup
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I saw a homade tool for the rivnuts last night. The co. websit has rivnuts up to 5/6-18 american. The only problem is you can't use a pnematic or hand tool with the stainless rivnuts. They state you need a special tool. I would be willing to spring for the tool. I'll bet the tensil strength is better with the carbon steel. Just worried about corrosion. Have you ever used them ?

What we used them for originally was subframes on motocross bikes, these were installed into the aluminum rear subframe tubing so you could bolt on the seat and side panels, I have installed a few sets on skis and also use the kind that the back expands out on, kinda like a drywall fastener, Artic cat used to supply them with their sponsons. You can also use these from Mcmaster carr but I would epoxy them in instead of just screwing them in.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-th...nserts/=v4ww10

Thread Information