Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Smoke on the Water - Water Chamber Melted

Hi Steve, Can you post a picture of the product you used to clean the intercooler?
    2004 F12X

I don't have any more but I got it at Autozone. They keep it in the back. Just ask for aluminum cleaner. Truck stops will also have it as they use it to clean the tanks and wheels. I have a stock IC and there is absolutly no resistance when you blow through it.
    07 Honda F12X Saphire Blue
    MacBoost, Large intercooler, solas intake grate and impeller.

03 Honda F12X Red

Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

05 SeaDoo GTX 4-tec Supercharged

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X,

Need to have:
    F15X

Iam so far from any Autozone Store and at the same time so close to their website.

Is it something like this?
    http://www.autozone.com/wash-cleaner...?checkfit=true
    2004 F12X

I just found out they don't carry it anymore but this is the stuff and you can probably find it different places online.

http://www.orisonmarketing.com/alumi...FYM7gQodpkAI1w
    07 Honda F12X Saphire Blue
    MacBoost, Large intercooler, solas intake grate and impeller.

03 Honda F12X Red

Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

05 SeaDoo GTX 4-tec Supercharged

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X,

Need to have:
    F15X

Last week i took it to the river after having the intercooler filled with a 33% of Aluminium cleaner for 7h. Thanks Spatera.
    It was a important day because its the only day in the year where a friend comes from the north with his F12X.

It improved but i am still afraid because the muffler body gets too hot at the top. The Elbow didnīt got too hot. I think i must make a longer run now.
    My friend F12X was much cooler at the muffler body. Even his is Stock and mines Stage 2 i think there should not be such a big difference.
    Been wondering about this for a week...

But as i have some smoke coming out from the turbo after wot i guess i have the turbo gasket failing. Must deal with that soon before anything else.
    I hope its easy to take the turbo out to replace the gasket. And i really hope the leak is from the gasket.
    2004 F12X

Well, a new daughter after i had time to look at the ski again.
    As i done so many things and it kept warming i decided to replace the muffler body.

Got a cheap on ebay and took the old out. Well, it had same kind of grease around the mister hole.
    I think my pumped sucked some grease when i broke my old pump bearings. this was the first time i saw any grease in the cooling system

If it sucked some grease i guess it has been inside the cooling system ever since and is slowly finding its way out.
    Probably the worst places are the Intercooler and the muffler body, where large passages end up in a tiny hole.

Already cleaned the intercooler last year with aluminium cleaner. But if grease went inside i doubt its all out.

Anyone knows a good way to dissolve and clean grease from the cooling system?
    2004 F12X

Quote Originally Posted by NunoP View Post
    Well, a new daughter after i had time to look at the ski again.
    As i done so many things and it kept warming i decided to replace the muffler body.

Got a cheap on ebay and took the old out. Well, it had same kind of grease around the mister hole.
    I think my pumped sucked some grease when i broke my old pump bearings. this was the first time i saw any grease in the cooling system

If it sucked some grease i guess it has been inside the cooling system ever since and is slowly finding its way out.
    Probably the worst places are the Intercooler and the muffler body, where large passages end up in a tiny hole.

Already cleaned the intercooler last year with aluminium cleaner. But if grease went inside i doubt its all out.

Anyone knows a good way to dissolve and clean grease from the cooling system?
    I would put some purple degreaser or Dawn dishwashing detergent in my salt away feeder and flush the ski on the hose
    2015 Yamaha FZS SVHO
    2005 Honda aquatrax R-12X (for sale)(sold)
    2007 Honda aquatrax F-12X
    2008 Honda aquatrax F-15X ( sold )

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information