• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaige
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Sep 2013

seadoo spark

Yesterday I was at Sunsports and saw the seadoo spark, looks nice also saw a vidio of it along with the Yamaha bash video, has anyone rode one and I am just looking for opinions as I may buy one for the wife as I ride the yamaha coutch Thanks Keith by the way we just use it in the river but could you use it at the beach also
  • DoverRob
    PWCToday Regular
    • Sep 2013

Re: seadoo spark

A forum community dedicated to SeaDoo Spark owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, Trixx, and more!

I have 2 3-ups. Love them. I ride in the lakes, others ride in the ocean. There are a lot of happy spark owners out there. The 2 links above are spark specific forums/sub-forums. Read the stuff there...

Comment

• Spim
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Feb 2009

I might suggest calling/visiting Lake Placid Marine before purchasing from Sunsports...
      I'm in Ft Myers as well, and I won't buy anything from SSports except maybe Oil in a pinch, they are a bunch of asshats.
      The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

Comment

• XJCrawler
        PWCToday Regular
        • May 2008

I'm a standup rider, but I purchased a spark for my parents last spring and was actually surprised how fun they can be. I would buy another spark if I was looking for a sitdown

Comment

• Ol' Reliable 550
          PWCToday Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by XJCrawler View Post
          I'm a standup rider, but I purchased a spark for my parents last spring and was actually surprised how fun they can be. I would buy another spark if I was looking for a sitdown
          x2. As a stand up ride, these little machines rock. They are a blast to ride, especially in the Great Lakes with big waves. Ski Rental shops up here in chicago rent them out. They were a big hit this summer.
          1993 701 SuperJet - PATRIOT SKI
          1994 Yamaha Waveblaster – 2nd Owner
          1986 Kawasaki JS550 - Yamasaki 650 Conversion
          1987 Kawasaki 300sx - Group K Mod, sunk and locked. Used as beer cooler.
          1990 Kawi 550sx
          - "Ol' Reliable." Caught on fire, sunk, whereabouts UNKNOWN.
          JetLark Mini Boat - Build Thread
          Ultranautics JetStar - 60hp

Comment

• Doug997
            Resident Guru
            • Feb 2010

I've heard nothing but great things about the Spark. The fun factor is good as well as the reliability.
            2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
            2019 Suzuki DRZ400SM
            2020 Yamaha YZ250

Comment

• nismo69
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Apr 2015

Anybody had them in the ocean yet? How do the elec look to be holding up? I'm really tempted to get one.

Comment

• DoverRob
                PWCToday Regular
                • Sep 2013

There are a couple guys who ride them hard in the ocean. I'm not one of them, but I have 2 sparks that I love.

THis guy rides hard, often and in the ocean, and claims his spark is holding up well:

Comment

• Spike
                  PWCToday Guru
                  • Jan 2005

Nice video I wonder how the ocean riders wash them after riding? I saw some threads where people were saying there wasn't much access to the engine compartment without taking the whole top off. Just curious about after ride care, I have a 96 XP and a stand-up that I ride mainly in the surf. I'm quite anal about flushing and fogging so my stuff lasts. I did own a RXP but did not like it in the surf so the idea of having a light weight 4stroke is appealing to me. So how goes the clean-up?
                  http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/

Comment

• DoverRob
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Sep 2013

If you're serious about a spark, there is:

A forum community dedicated to SeaDoo Spark owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, Trixx, and more!

The ocean riders there will be happy to help. There are a lot of them, and people seem to be generally happy. I only ride in fresh water, so I can't help.

Comment

• kevinhocky
                      PWCToday Regular
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                      Nice video I wonder how the ocean riders wash them after riding? I saw some threads where people were saying there wasn't much access to the engine compartment without taking the whole top off. Just curious about after ride care, I have a 96 XP and a stand-up that I ride mainly in the surf. I'm quite anal about flushing and fogging so my stuff lasts. I did own a RXP but did not like it in the surf so the idea of having a light weight 4stroke is appealing to me. So how goes the clean-up?
                      There really isn't anything to wash with the Spark. Since the seat isn't dripping salt down on to the motor, there's really no need to wash the engine compartment. It's not like a regular ski in that regard. I beat the crap out of my Spark, always in the ocean and the motor is pristine. I've had the top deck off twice, most recently at 100 hours to change the spark plugs and it still looks brand new.

As for reliability...I rode mine to the Bahamas. The Spark is awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10409496_10100269561309018_434783117733210416_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	4337368
                      Tampa Sea-Doo Crew
                      Miami to Exuma Bahamas on Sea-Doos
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4av6tei5U

Jet Ski Parasailing - Tampa Sea-Doo Crew
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4av6tei5U

Comment

• 88kawi5fiddy
                        Top Dog
                        • Dec 2011

damn that water color is unreal.
                        1994 1100 SJ - Dead
                        1996 spec hx
                        "I'm going to be installing the hooker on my driveshaft in the next two weeks." -Element3488

Comment

• ChrisMcL119
                          I dream skis
                          • Jan 2015

I thought this was interesting

Comment

Working...
                          X