Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2011 GTI SE 130 no beep, no LCD, good battery...

Have you ever figured out the issue with it. I’m having the same issue and I’m trying to figure it out thanks in advance.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NPeters481 View Post
    Have you ever figured out the issue with it. I’m having the same issue and I’m trying to figure it out thanks in advance.
    Well, I resurrect this seemingly old dead thread to say I finally solved the issues this past weekend. A few years ago I replaced the start stop switch as that was bad and low and behold it worked. Then I had the same issue again with no beeps, LCD, nothing. This was a few months ago. I was actually in the process of getting them ready to sell and it would not do anything again. The crazy thing is it was working fine, I turned it over in my drive way and it started up and then I killed it, backed it in to the garage and I could not get anything to work again!!!

I checked the DESS and it tested fine, I jumped the starter solenoid and it turned the motor over with the key on, I swapped out the the ECU into another ski and it worked fine in that ski, I swapped 30 amp relays, replaced all the fuses, cleaned grounds again, swapped batteries, etc.

Finally I started checking voltage across the relay with it plugged in and found that I was not getting a full 12.5 volt switch when the relay was activated. It was only dropping by about 7 volts and then would not stay closed when I let of the start stop button. I knew it had to be a ground issue but I had already checked, cleaned, and tightened all the grounds I could find. Then I checked for continuity from the negative bus bar on the fuse panel to the negative terminal in the battery and it was an open circuit. I pulled the grounding bus bar from the fuse panel and cleaned it up then reset it with some dielectric grease and everything started right up!

I think was was happening was a very intermittent ground connection in the fuse panel from the light amount of corrosion around the bus bar which was causing the relay circuit to inconsistently close. That is why it would work and then suddenly not work again. Usually the change from working to not working was after the ski was trailered and moved which was causing the intermittent connection.

INSANE that it took me 4 years to fully diagnose the problem, not steady working on it because it was an intermittent issue, but I hope this helps someone.
    Currently Riding:
    2011 Sea Doo GTS
    2011 Sea Doo GTI SE 130 (working on...)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Most times when I have a weird electrical issue its a ground problem, I have to keep telling myself it's a ground issue for some reason you always want to assume its a problem with the positive side of the circuit.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information