Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Offroadie's Avatar

Re: Miami to Bimini May 2015

I'm still waiting to see someone do this on a stand-up.

Quote Originally Posted by momarski View Post
    I am the one not displaying intelligence
    Quote Originally Posted by thajeffski View Post
    I'm the one here ruining the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakehoon View Post
    I'm local retard
    If you can't laugh @ yourself... call me.
    I'll laugh @ you!

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahjbo View Post
    I have my 04 or 05 yami 4stroke 1000cc , 3 seater, will do 60mph all day
    from what I have seen via youtube 40mph is average crossing the stream..
    Im worried about it being stolen over there so Im looking to rig up another switch lol..

I cant do 6days... but if the trip is 1 day ride there, 1 or 2 days adventure (diving more ski sight seeing ect ect) then a day to ride back, def count me in..

this link is a multiple part vid with alot of info from a small group who have made the trip many times...in the comment section is a ton of info on each vid.. this is what makes me want to do this badly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vssv...LBmUKnvEGDt-cA
    My plan is to get in Miami fri the 5th.
    If the weather is good arrive in Bimini for breakfast the 6th. Stay in Bimini until 12/13

You may can find a few people that would want to leave early. For me it's a 14hr December to Miami. I'm not driving 28 hours hours for 2 days
    Kyle Luttrell
    404-516-8934
    Kyle@luttrellracing.com
    www.IonicEdgeChassis.com

Miami to Bimini May 2015

It would be 20 hour drive for me. I'm a little scared that my 04 yamaha might not make it. I don't think might stand up would make it and my legs would give out after hour.

Engine3-Cylinder, 2-Stroke, Water-cooled
    Horsepower155 hp @ 7,000 rpm
    Displacement 1176cc
    Fuel Tank Capacity
    18.5 gal. Reserve 3.1 gal.
    Last edited by Dark_side; 09-18-2014 at 09:59 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

If you are worried buy a sea doo lol

The new gti are pretty nice and affordable.

About houses. I found a 4 bed room house for 1000 a night lol it is really nice lol
    Kyle Luttrell
    404-516-8934
    Kyle@luttrellracing.com
    www.IonicEdgeChassis.com

Miami to Bimini May 2015

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Offroadie's Avatar

I am confident that I could make it on a stand-up... but I wouldn't be able to keep pace with couches, and I would need a support vessel for extra fuel and possible mechanical failure.

Quote Originally Posted by momarski View Post
    I am the one not displaying intelligence
    Quote Originally Posted by thajeffski View Post
    I'm the one here ruining the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakehoon View Post
    I'm local retard
    If you can't laugh @ yourself... call me.
    I'll laugh @ you!

PWCToday Newbie

Good luck
    Kyle Luttrell
    404-516-8934
    Kyle@luttrellracing.com
    www.IonicEdgeChassis.com

Miami to Bimini May 2015

Frequent Poster

To those that think you will average 40 across the stream good luck. Also to those that think 60 a night good luck. There is no motel 6's in bimini. You won't average 40 in three to five with a following sea trust me. I made the trip three years ago with five skis and stayed at Bimini Sands in a one bedroom loft which is really a two bedroom at a rate of 275 a night which was good. To those that go please someone rent a EPRIB for safety. There is a co that will rent one for $40 week out of St. Pete. Check in at customs is $150 per jet ski and they are not nice immigration is. They made someone dry up the floor because they were wet and tracked in. Was an awesome trip and would do it again in a heartbeat.

PWCToday Newbie

Last edited by wetong; 09-22-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tferry28 View Post
    To those that think you will average 40 across the stream good luck. Also to those that think 60 a night good luck. There is no motel 6's in bimini. You won't average 40 in three to five with a following sea trust me. I made the trip three years ago with five skis and stayed at Bimini Sands in a one bedroom loft which is really a two bedroom at a rate of 275 a night which was good. To those that go please someone rent a EPRIB for safety. There is a co that will rent one for $40 week out of St. Pete. Check in at customs is $150 per jet ski and they are not nice immigration is. They made someone dry up the floor because they were wet and tracked in. Was an awesome trip and would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Fterry28 is correct we just set this trip up a few weeks ago even in good seas it was a 2 hour trip which would mean a 30mph average and i have talked to plenty of people where things got bad and it took 4 hours an average of 15mph (This is how long it took another group the first week of September this year that I was talking to the also have a video on youtube of there trip from a month ago) . The rates started at $199 a night for a one bed room and this was in September the off season and I think the slip was $45 a night but it did hold all 5 skis on the trip. We are actually already involved with another group going in June we currently have 12 boats and 5 skis going on that trip it will be the second or third week of June not sure yet but i will get you more info as the time comes a little closer if you guys want to join in on that group. This is a annual trip for this group it will be their fourth year going.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by broncosguru7 View Post
    Fterry28 is correct we just set this trip up a few weeks ago even in good seas it was a 2 hour trip which would mean a 30mph average and i have talked to plenty of people where things got bad and it took 4 hours an average of 15mph (This is how long it took another group the first week of September this year that I was talking to the also have a video on youtube of there trip from a month ago) . The rates started at $199 a night for a one bed room and this was in September the off season and I think the slip was $45 a night but it did hold all 5 skis on the trip. We are actually already involved with another group going in June we currently have 12 boats and 5 skis going on that trip it will be the second or third week of June not sure yet but i will get you more info aus the time comes a little closer if you guys want to join in on that group. This is a annual trip for this group it will be their fourth year going.

That would be awesome there is a face book page we just started called Sea Doo crossing.
    Kyle Luttrell
    404-516-8934
    Kyle@luttrellracing.com
    www.IonicEdgeChassis.com

Miami to Bimini May 2015

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information