Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: CNY jet ski riders

we should setup event like a charity ride, pick a charity get some stickers made as a mommento etc. do it year after year... keep the vintage/standup jetskis alive in our area.

If you guys do a Skaneateles ride, I'd love to make the trip up and ride. It's funny that I posted in GH a request for more information about this lake and now I'm reading about it here. I had done Seneca a few years ago out of Watkins Glen/Burdett and Lake George plus Sacandaga last summer and want to try another NYS lake.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229286

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

I saw your thread over on GH, good info there.

The one bit of info that was ignored on that thread is the lack of any state parks on Skaneateles. This probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you like to do anything besides sit on your ski, it's difficult on Skan.

There are a handful of public launches, but basically nowhere where you can park your ski on a beach and sit at a picnic table, for example. The cove at the north end of Skan is a fun hangout, sandy bottom, and lots of action on the weekends. The public docks at the north end are good if you want to tie up your boat and visit the shops and restaurants ashore. I've found it difficult to tie up a PWC there (metal grating below the docks is made for boats, not PWC-if you have fenders and cleats you'd be fine there; none of my PWC are set up that way, though)

The boat launches fill up in a hurry in-season. I've been turned away from them many times. The launch at Mandana always has parking, but the lot is 1/3 of a mile from the launch, and there's frequently a HUGE line there. It's set up for 2 trailers, but nobody can seem to put that off. Also, if your trailer is long (mine is 27 feet), the Mandana launch is the only one with a lot big enough for you.

Due to the lack of a park to operate out of, we frequently go over to Long Point on Cayuga. It's a much larger lake, 45 miles long. Long Point has a huge parking lot, a section of the beach that is a designated watercraft "parking" area, picnic tables, barbecue grilles, playground for the kids. Fun stuff to do within a reasonable ride away, too. Taughannock Falls State Park (also with watercraft parking) is maybe 12 miles south. Union Springs, Frontenac Island, and the obligatory "cove" are about 8 miles to the north.
    Last edited by delagem; 05-22-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    '58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

we could always go to fair haven beach state park, nice bay area, and lake surf also.

anyone up for putting together a ride?

Ride jet skis all day? I'm in.

anyone was to meet at Fair haven beach state park for a ride day?

I am interested if it doesn't conflict with other stuff I have to do. HAHA Bunch for us rode at Port Bay on Saturday.
    Last edited by moto360; 08-04-2015 at 03:26 PM.

I live right on lake ontario and cranberry pond. If you guys plan on riding anywere let me know id like to join in image.jpg

forgot to mention that i have a beach right next to the house and a boat hoist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information