Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I dream skis

Re: where can we ride in Houston area?

Quote Originally Posted by one4torque View Post
    Hey reg 5 guys... I have a triple setup complete with carbs, head, exhaust already modified for SXR-1100-Triple..... this came out of one of Mcqueen's boats. Hit me up for a local deal. Comes with carbs, elec's, MSD, motor, pipe ready to rip in your SXR, or Blaster triple project. Jeffro-the-bodine.
    WOWZERS!!! tempting... :/

Frequent Poster

$1000 for the entire setup ready to roll. Complete Motor, carbs, elec, pipe all tuned and jetted for SXR-Triple.

Time to ride again guys. All my fast boats are gone...... back to limited Gen 2 X2, Limited Gen 1 X2, and Stock SXR..... oh and a SXR with Seadoo 1050 swap... in the middle of fixed steer conversion.
    Drives Haters Crazy.

I'm really interested in taking my Blaster to Gene's one Saturday. What time are the buoys usually out there? Are there any rules I should know about (i.e. Helmet, etc?) Anything for the wife and kid to do there?

As far as running the buoys, best to wear the IJSBA required gear including helmet, goggles, gloves, shoes, life vest w/ back protector and wetsuit or neoprene shorts. Practice the way you're going to race and get comfortable with your safety gear.

The bare minimum is the life vest and you can ride at your own risk without the other gear, as this is voluntary and Gene's assumes no risk nor liability.

There is a soccer field available and some nature trails around the lakes. Also a picnic table, and restrooms in the dealership.

No drugs, alcohol, loitering, fighting nor littering. Pick up after yourself and help keep Victory Lake pristine.

Everybody is friendly and well behaved anyway, as we can't believe we can ride for free at this purpose-built race lake that used to be the United Stated Polaris Watercraft R&D Test Center.

There are a couple of 3-cyl Blasters that show-up and will give you a run for your money.
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 03-05-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the info and I'll see you guys there soon!

I have all of the protective/riding gear except for the back protector. Do they sell those in the dealership? I'd like to support them for giving us a place to ride. If not, is the Jettribe one the preferred one that you guys use?

Last question, what is the correct etiquette on the course? Do I wait for people to be done using it before I start or do I just jump into the mix once I get my ski warmed up?

Thanks, guys. See you all this weekend if this rain lets up! I'll be the newbie on the white Blaster.

I own the Jettribe Vest and still have it after 3 years. The front shell stitching has broken, but it still works. I believe there are a couple of other choices on the market. Research the website for reviews.

You can order/buy any product thru the dealership and it's always a good idea to support them with your business.

Course Etiquette:

Ride in the same direction as the other riders, normally counterclockwise, although sometimes we ride clockwise.

Red buoys are left-hand turn and yellow buoys are right-hand turn, when going counterclockwise.

Learn the course by riding a few calm laps on the outside lane.

You can jump onto the course anytime. If race is in progress, stay on the outside "lane" until you're up to speed and can merge safely.

Best to ride with like size skis, although stand-up riders welcome the chop and wakes every now and then for more realistic racing conditions.

Keep a safe buffer distance from other riders in case they fall, their ski stalls, spins-out or lose control. It's just a game, not a death match...

Pass other riders when it's safe to do so. No need to rub rails, trade paint nor "bashing" other people's skis. Again, it's just for fun under the sun.

Help lay-out the buoy course and/or help bring the buoys back in, at the end of the day. Typically only use 12 buoys and it goes quick if 3 or 4 guys help bring them in.

Two-place boat ramp: be considerate of other boaters/skiers waiting to launch/recover. Ok to dial-in low speed circuit and idle speed on the trailer, if no people waiting. Come early if you need to tune off the trailer.

Remember: it's a Dealership private ramp/lake and the Mechanics will sometimes bring boats/skis for water testing. They have ramp priority, so yield ramp to them and help them as much as possible, so that they're in and out quickly.

Perfect. Thanks so much for the helpful overview. I look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Is Three Palms back open to skis? I heard there was a standup event there yesterday.

PWCToday Newbie

Last time I was out at 3 palms riding quads they said no watercraft. That was a 2 months ago give or take.

Txblaster, I saw your post about going to Lake Houston. Now that it is getting warmer I will be out there here and there with a friend that has a couch. Let me know when you go, I always ride around the dam.
    Last edited by JHill9; 04-12-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information