Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Build thread! 750 jetmate wakeskate machine

jetmate 2.jpegjetmate 3.jpegjetmate 5.jpeg

Well I finally bought a jetmate! Cant wait to convert this thing to a wakeskate towing machine! Few questions for you jetmate vets, the 750 came installed just needed the electrical and fuel hooked up. Does anyone know the best way to mount the ebox? anyone have picture of one installed already? as well it has the stock 650 impeller, what is the best choice for an impeller for me it will be for towing a wakeskater so need some bottom end still. plans for a tower and swim platform in the works! any other tips or tricks for the fuel lines and electrical would be appreciated. thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

1989 JS 550__________Jet Sport scoop intake
    Factory Half pipe______Jet Sport skegged rideplate
    Skat-Trak 15.5* _______JRE quicksteer plate
    bored nozzle__________JRE -2'' sub plate
    honed pump__________JRE adjustable bars (0*)
    OP steering nozzle_____VORTEX F/A
    OP reduction nozzle____BCW intake,
    SBN44 carb__________Jet Sport head
    OP alu bedplate______Jet works FCV

Re: Build thread! 750 jetmate wakeskate machine

Im diving in a little here. do you think its best to swap the stator/ electronics from the original jet mate 650 to the 750 or should I use the 750 stock charging system? I know the jet mate 650 has a better charging system for running the electronics on the boat, I wonder if its considerably better than the 750. I am also thinking of putting lights and a stereo on it, I was planning a solar charging system to supplement the electronic additions etc.

what do you guys think the best option is?

anyone know the best impeller pitch for my conversion?

soo many questions lol anyone know how much a jetmate weighs? or how much one weighs with a stock trailer? Im wondering if I need to refoam this one

heres a pic of the tower i want to install, I heard somewhere that there are inserts on the hull for the stock optional swim platform anyone know how I can locate these?
    jetmate tower.jpg

not too sure how this guy mounted the tower I think I will have to cut into the hull to properly mount it from inside but still figuring all this stuff out!

going to keep on with all the questions hopefully someone will have an answer or two for me

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

When I mounted my 750 e-box on the stainless bracket that the stock one mounted to, it hit the doghouse (750 box was thicker). I chose to unbolt the stainless bracket, cut off the bottom mount tabs, and re-bend it an inch lower. I pulled the oil tank, as I was going premix. I put my battery where the waterbox used to be located.

I used the 750 electronics. I haven't had any problems with keeping the battery charged, even with using the blower in the engine compartment for 3 min's prior to starting. I don't run a stereo, however.

I think you could mount a tower like that using riv-nuts. I used riv-nuts to mount a boarding step on my sons Jetmate, it's been fine for years, so they are obviously strong enough.

I had Dave at Impros make me a custom prop. It was the only impeller I tried that just worked. Several others I tried would just spin out; needing to be feathered in order to get up on plane. As I recall Dave took a KPDF Dynafly 13-23 and cut it back, and repitched it to 22.

Defoaming would be the best course of action, but it's a big job. I installed hull drains I bought from Watcon (I have a set on my Octane and liked them). I get a bit of water out of them. But I get even more water out by pulling the 2 intake grate bolts after each day on the lake. Just don't forget to put them back in before you launch next time!

'58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

First of all thank you Delagem for the detailed response, it will save me a lot of time for sure.
    second, NICE INSTALL! a couple questions for you..
    how loud is that 800 without a waterbox? where does the exhaust exit on jetmate?
    I see you have some sort of resonator on the exaust line. what did you use there?
    what are riv nuts?
    is there an exhaust that you know of I could put on the 750 that doesn't require alot of fab to install?
    I was hoping to be able to leave my jetmate in the water for extened periods of time. (camping houseboating etc? ) do you think this a bad idea?

thanks again for the response!

PWCToday Newbie

I called Dave at impros he is going to build me a nice impeller too. seems to know a lot about them. I was wondering if anyone has tried a factory pipe limited for the 750sx looks like it might fit in but wouldn't use water box probably crazy loud. I just sent my carb and head to group k for some mods. Thanks for the help

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

Thanks for the compliments.

The 800 isn't too loud without a waterbox. That's why the resonator is there, it quiets the motor down some. I don't like loud skis, this one isn't too loud. It does sound awesome.

The exhaust on a Jetmate goes out the left side of the engine compartment, and makes a 90deg bend, into the pump tunnel. I always wanted to route mine thru the right side, where the fuel lines currently run thru, and straight out the transom. I never did it because not only would I have to move the fuel lines (no big deal), but I'm guessing the plumbing for the drain plug would get in the way.

That exhaust in my photo is a Coffman Rocket; they make a center bleed model that doesn't require a full 360 around the motor. Probably be a better choice.

A riv-nut is like a pop-rivet, only much larger and stronger. The center has a threaded hole. You drill a hole, put the riv-nut in, and either use the fancy tool to set the riv-nut, or you make one with a bolt, washer, and nut. You frequently see them on motorcycle swing arms and such. Buy them from McMasterCarr.
    '58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

Update:
    Ok so I finally got the ebox mounted and the throttle cable bracket modified. Battery is hooked and ready to fire! After some cranking and some manual priming it started up and ran beautifully
    once I shut it off I started to see fuel pooling below the motor. Upon closer inspection it was coming out of the crankcase drain valve as well as the throttle arm from the carb. So I pulled the motor and remove the valve I am now waiting for one to come in the mail I am hoping the carb leak will work itself out or something (probably wishful thinking) but i really don't want to replace the carbs.

If I need to what should I replace the carbs with? Currently has the stock keihin dual carbs

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information