• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billman100
    Top Dog
    • Jul 2007

Spx problems 787

So my parents spx started running like **** after it got water up to the drive shaft inside, we drained it and tried to get it back out but it only runs on the back cylinder, I tooled around on it for a while to see if it was just working something out and I figured out that it will start firing the front cylinder if I lean it way over to the right and do clockwise donuts, the second I try to straighten it out it bogs back down to running on only the back cylinder. I don't really know what to look for or change to fix this.
    Last edited by billman100; 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM.
    -3 RNSJ JW850BB
  • KevinS
    Top Dog
    • Feb 2004

Re: Spx problems 787

Pretty wierd...

If it were mine, I would try running with the rectifier output wire disconnected. I dealt with one once that had bad wires between the stator and the rectifier. Those bad wires plus a little water caused some strange issues. You may even try disconnecting all the rectifier wires. Its been a while but I think there are 4 wires (3 yellow, 1 red-output).

Or, maybe water is inside the stator housing and leaning it running hard allows it to dry enough to run better. Removing the starter would let the water out.

Comment

• billman100
      Top Dog
      • Jul 2007

It was water in the rear ebox, cleaned it out and runs fine now
      -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• KevinS
        Top Dog
        • Feb 2004

ah, I was on the right track, just the wrong cavity...

Put a rubber gasket back in that box's lid.

Comment

Working...
        X