Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: NEWA Race in CT, Sept 6/7, 2014

Great info! Thanks,
    Will be traveling up from the Jersey Shore,if I stay will probably stay at the Best Western but will look for a place with a jacuzzi and a stiff drink ,gonna need it!
    2011 KAWASAKI ULTRA 300X....Stock grate-plate /R&D SCOM/R3 reflash/Solas 15/22/ Riva upper steering /custom air intake and exhaust modifications...

73-74mph @7900 rpms

"America is all about speed, hot nasty speed"--Eleanor Roosevelt 1936

Another question I have been getting is in regard to the 'camping'.

There is no campground. Savin Rock is a town landmark. It is a giant rock that sits right on the west haven beach. Next to it is a giant grassy field. The town was nice enough to let people simply squat there. It is town property and this was a 'gift'.

I have talked with people from the town and they are actually excited about this event and want to see it continue in the future. They are 100% on our side. For this reason it is imperative to keep the place clean. We really don't want anything negative as this entire thing was handed to us on a silver platter so-to-speak.

If you guys are staying at the Best Western you are somewhat on a different part of town. Probably 2-3 miles from the 'strip' where this is going down and the associated places to go out and etc. You are staying in a more commercial area. Chain restaurants, walmart, etc etc. You really should try to make it over to the shoreline to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post

There are a ton of bars on Campbell Ave which is around the corner from the roasting company (take a left out of the camping area and head down the street until you see it on the left), however, most of the bars are dumpy and none do I frequent. Locals attempt the 'Campbell Avenue crawl' where you try to drink at each one and walk your way up Campbell Ave. You'll only get about half way up the street before you're either hammered or you lost interest. Either way, I don't recommend it.

Type-o. Campbell ave. is a RIGHT out of the camping area and then on the left. Again, tons of bars there but most are dumpy.. but that's just my opinion.

This event was a blast! I'm praying they do it again next year. The vintage class was awesome...5 FX1s on the line. Everyone was great!
    '98 SuperJet

NEWA Race in CT, Sept 6/7, 2014

Agreed. I don't go to many of the races because they are all isolated in upstate NY. This Was a great location in that it was central in the tri-state/New England area. It attracted many new faces. Just what the sport needs.

The town loved it. The piers and jettys were loaded with spectators. The mayor came down and raced for PR. The NEWA will be welcomed back on the future. It was a home run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by caliburst; 09-19-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post
    Agreed. I don't go to many of the races because they are all isolated in upstate NY. This Was a great location in that it was central in the tri-state/New England area. It attracted many new faces. Just what the sport needs.

The town loved it. The piers and jettys were loaded with spectators. The mayor came down and raced for PR. The NEWA will be welcomed back on the future. It was a home run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    was looking forward to this event for a long time due to it being in CT our great state, and was disappointed having to miss it due to injury. Hope you guys can make it a permanent location.
    05 SXR 800 #94 Ski Lite
    86 JS 550 #94 Vintage 550 Class

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information