Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Wayniac's Avatar
    Trying to type with beer and ashes in the keyboard

NEWA Race in CT, Sept 6/7, 2014

Yup, 1st race in CT in I don't know how long. Maybe first ever, not sure. I know this, it's going to be the best one in the last decade anyhow!!

Come race and/or watch and/or help. it's a blast!!!

NEWA_2014_CT_Flyer.JPG

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Wayniac's Avatar
    Trying to type with beer and ashes in the keyboard

Re: NEWA Race in CT, Sept 6/7, 2014

Edited for small spelling error.

NEWA_2014_CT_Flyer.JPG

Count me in for 2 Saturday heats as long as my ski is still in one piece from AquaX races in Fla...
    2011 KAWASAKI ULTRA 300X....Stock grate-plate /R&D SCOM/R3 reflash/Solas 15/22/ Riva upper steering /custom air intake and exhaust modifications...

73-74mph @7900 rpms

"America is all about speed, hot nasty speed"--Eleanor Roosevelt 1936

PWCToday Newbie

I will be there to catch some action

PWCToday Newbie

Savin Rock Park Beach, 1 Oak Street, West Haven, CT 06516

North East Watercraft Alliance Jet Ski Race at Savin Rock Park Beach, in West Haven, CT. Race is open to all skill levels and jet skis. Racers must be 10 years or older to race for the Junior class, and there will be a womans class. Bring what ever you have, and we will find a class for you to race with.

R/V / Trailer / Tents will be allowed at the race location.

Riders Meeting will be at 8:30 AM SHARP on Saturday. Racer Roll call will be taken, so don't be late.

Race Order:
    Sport Spec
    Runabout Open 4-Cycle
    Ski Open
    Sport GP
    X2
    Sport Cruiser / Super Chicken
    Ski Stock Spec
    Runabout 800
    Juniors

Other classes may be added to the schedule. If there is 3 or more of one style ski, we will host a race. Feel free to contact me if you have interest in running a class not seen above.

We WILL NOT be picking balls for starting position. It is determined by when you register. You can pre-register under the Racing section onwww.newa.us/racing . Registration will also take place at the race site on Friday 4-8PM and starting at 7AM on Saturday. Starting position for Moto 2 on Saturday will be determined by your finish in Moto 1 on Saturday. Starting position for Moto 1 on Sunday will be determined by your overall placement on Saturday.

You do not need an IJSBA membership to pre-register for the race. You can join the IJSBA at www.ijsba.com or fill out an application at the race site during registration.

Racers, Please arrange holders prior to racing. We can not afford to waste time waiting for holders every race. We are under time constraints due to tides. If you do not have your holders on the line when the race is ready to start, you will have to start without them.

Please feel free to contact me (Sal Morello) at 860-874-6451 with questions, or the Race Director Wayne Ordon at 518-209-2664.

Rule Book
    http://www.ijsba.com/rulebook/

Local Accommodations

Hampton Inn
    http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...fers/index.htm

Econo Lodge
    http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-west...CT002#listpos1

PWCToday Newbie

Frequent Poster

I am there, can spectators camp on the grounds?
    94 SN

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    Yup, 1st race in CT in I don't know how long. Maybe first ever, not sure. I know this, it's going to be the best one in the last decade anyhow!!

Come race and/or watch and/or help. it's a blast!!!

NEWA_2014_CT_Flyer.JPG

Since some time in the 90s. Seaside Park in Bridgeport, CT used to be a venue.

NEWA Race in CT, Sept 6/7, 2014

I have been getting a bunch of texts asking 'what to do in West Haven, CT' since this is my hometown.

If you are looking to go out and drink: I would check out "Dive Bar" or "Savin Rock Roasting Company" Both have excellent food and a good atmosphere. Dive Bar is awesome. right on beach. Ocean view. Good beers. Nautical theme. Right next store is another bar called "Oyster River Tavern". Not bad. You can float between the two. Located About one mile from Savin Rock. Exit the camping area and take a LEFT. Go straight down ocean avenue until you see it. Right across from a Sunoco gas station.
    Roasting company is to the RIGHT of the camping area and walking distance. A friend of mine named Jordan is a bartender there. He is a jet skier and a supporter of the race and will be in attendance of the race as a spectator.
    Roasting Co is one of the best places for lunch in the area. By far the best sandwiches around. Hands down.

Jimmy's of Savin Rock is literally right on the property where you will be camping. Excellent fried seafood and a bar and outdoor patio. Not a great atmosphere for hanging out and drinking[IMO] and it has dated décor/poor atmosphere. Worthy of going for lunch or dinner though. Mountainous plates of fried seafood at a reasonable price. It Overlooks Long Island Sound and the boardwalk. Across the street is Turk's seafood. Arguably some of the Best seafood in town. No bar.

Hope this helps. If it were me, I would do Dive bar one night and roasting co the next.

There are a ton of bars on Campbell Ave which is around the corner from the roasting company (take a left out of the camping area and head down the street until you see it on the left), however, most of the bars are dumpy and none do I frequent. Locals attempt the 'Campbell Avenue crawl' where you try to drink at each one and walk your way up Campbell Ave. You'll only get about half way up the street before you're either hammered or you lost interest. Either way, I don't recommend it.

West Haven is a shoreline community known for its seafood and bars with outdoor patios and etc. It doesn't offer any nightlife beyond that. West Haven does have the largest public beach in the state of Connecticut, however, and a nice boardwalk to relax at the end of the day and check out with your significant other (if he/she is along for the ride).

Hope this info helps you guys. Have fun and be safe. Ill see some of you out there.
    Last edited by caliburst; 09-04-2014 at 12:59 PM.

This covers what is located on the "strip" where the camping area is. If you are staying at the best western, there is a Texas Roadhouse, a Denny's, a walmart, and some chain stuff.

The best western is probably 2-3miles from Savin rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information