User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Need help with Polaris Msx150

Hi guys new to 4 stroke skis, been helping with sitdowns since ive started riding getting family etc out on the lake. My boss just picked up a Polaris Msx 150 from the auto auction and we got it back and were able to get it running and idling with the push of the button (dry start). With that being said there is a slight bend in the throttle cable that was straightened with a seemingly decent ghetto rig, and it definitely returns the cable all the way and allows full throttle pull as well.

The problem we are having is if you rev it anywhere above 1/4 throttle out of water it runs away at like 3/4 throttle even though the cable is clearly returned to idle position. I am thinking it may be normal because it is supposed to have alittle more idle in the water and obviously some load on the pump. It turns right off when I pull the lanyard or hit the stop button and then fires right up, also I couldn't find a hose connection on it so I only run it like one start and examine every hour or so. any help is greatly appreciated!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

Re: Need help with Polaris Msx150

Yes, normal. Don't rev your MSX150 out of the water unless you've got it in reverse, which engages the rev limiter.

It's in the service manual.

Join Greenhulk.net, they've got a great Polaris section there; you'll find the manuals there too…
    '58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

Thread Information