Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dual 44mm Carbs on Superjet

Quote Originally Posted by Group K View Post
    Many thanks to those that chined in before I got to the post. In general, we have gotten great results from the dual 44s (from the 760/Blaster2) on the 845 big bores. However on all the smaller bore setups (81mm-86mm pistons) the modified dual 38s have pretty consistantly given the best combination of acceleration and fuel range.

If you do fit the Blaster2 dual 44 carbs, you will need to put in the second pulse line. We have seen guys that have tried to drive both fuel pumps with a single pulse line and a "Y" fitting .... but such a setup will struggle to drive both pumps effectively at higher rpms.... we advise against it. We also advise against reed spacers on any SuperJet setup.

Respectfully, Harry Klemm
    Harry, thank you. Can you tell me what kind of mods I can do that would be helpful?
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2019 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2020 Yamaha YZ250

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home rdrttoy's Avatar

Dual 44s will provide the most power. I've tried both the 38s, modified 38s, and dual 44s. The dual 44s make noticeable power over the modified 38s. If you carefully read Harry's post he said the modified 38s provide the best overall power and fuel consumption (not the best power). The 44s are a tad bit thirsty, but it's worth it. I ran dual 44s on my super jet for a while and loved them (I now run dual 46s). I also run dual 44s on my girlfriends wave blaster, she loves them too. You just have to justify the fuel consumption for the power gain. More power generally takes more fuel.

Doug, I'm sure one of your riding buddies can help you with a second pulse line. Just bring them a six pack and you will be all set. I have an extra OEM pulse fitting if you need it.
    All of the PWC parts and service you'll ever need can be found at High Speed Industries

I also used stock 38's, taper bored 38's then 44's with the boyesen manifold/reed set up. Ski was a non ported Speedwerx dry piped limited... It ran excellent set up like this. 44's were a significant upgrade even on non ported engine... Fuel consumption still less not bad at all IMO. I will also add I think the manifold set up helped a lot not just the carbs
    Last edited by spdwrx701; 07-15-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    T-3 Performance
    www.jet-world.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

I know this is an old thread. But.. I have a related question. I am running a ported 760 Blaster 2 engine in one of my Air Blair Darts. It does have the OEM dual 44's with dual pulse lines. Other than the porting, it has a Protec Pipe and Protec head. The 760 runs very well and strong. My question is regarding the best way to feed the fuel to the 44's? Currently I have a Cold Fusion fuel pick up with a dedicated fuel line to each Mikuni 44 and I just rebuilt the carbs as well.

1. Does an OEM 760 engine like this 760 run a single feed fuel line that is split to each carb?
    2. Or are they set up from the Yamaha factory with a single dedicated fuel line to each carb?
    3. Given my engine set-up what are most of you doing regarding fuel lines? Single feed, split? Or separate lines? And why?

Thanks for your input!

Nate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JSNate; 04-25-2018 at 07:56 AM.

PWCToday Regular swlamarshrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    3. Given my engine set-up what are most of you doing regarding fuel lines? Single feed, split? Or separate lines? And why?

Thanks for your input!

Nate
    I make my own dedicated feeds..... I put same length fuel line onto the stock metal pickups and have fuel clunks at the bottom of the line. Acts as a filter and also has a spring/ball valve that keeps the lines loaded with fuel. I do it because it's cheap and effective. This pic is from a triple HX pickup I did, but essentially the same thing.

10 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Thank you for the feedback, swlamarshrunner! One of my concerns is keeping each line loaded with fuel. The Cold Fusion unit has similar filters on the ends of the pick up hoses. I see mine have the spring loaded check valve as well. I knew it had a spring, but I just thought it was for tank impact.. Glad to know it is a check valve.

Nate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information