Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yamaha VX 110 security remote issue!

I have a 2008 Yamaha vx110 deluxe and made a big mistake. I left remote in console and let someone borrow and guess what. It's gone! Didn't think it was a big deal until battery dumped over winter and after installing new battery, no start! This is a pricey mistake but the problem is we are going out of town next week and there isn't a dealer anywhere near us. I found a post where a guy mentioned how to bypass it. I did what he said (black/blue to black/blue, yellow to yellow and blue to either black) and it will turn over now but I don't have any spark still. Is there any other steps to take? Please help me!

Re: Yamaha VX 110 security remote issue!

Ok, I put everything back to normal, bit the bullet and bought remote from dealer and had it programmed. Now it won't do anything! When I plug up the transmitter box everything lights up, fuel pump runs and then it times out and won't do anything again until I unplug it and plug it back. Then same result. What has happened. Please help, I'm panicking.
    Last edited by cjburt; 06-20-2014 at 03:53 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

sound like the ski is in lock mode to me, everything lit up, fuel pump start and dash board turn on but no start, right?

Just for about 5 secs. It doesn't respond to start stop button anymore. Only time it will do anything is when I plug it up. It will actually lock and unlock until the 5 secs are up then nothing. Before the bypass, I could hit the start stop button and it would click and the fuel pump would engage and the gauges would light up. Now nothing until I unplug it and plug it back.

Here's the latest! I can plug in the security box, press unlock, I get the 2 beeps, take my power probe and supply a negative to the solenoid and press the start button and bam, it's starts. Idols perfect, revs perfect but there is a check engine light and warning buzzing the whole time. I can kill it, crank it, anything I want as long as I have a negative connected in box, but after I let it sit for 5 secs, everything goes to sleep and nothing will happen unless I unplug the security box again. Also at dealer today we swapped the security box for a tested good one and got the same response.
    Last edited by cjburt; 06-21-2014 at 01:09 AM.

sorry but I am not following you, what do you plug and unplug?

i think you have to start over from beginning, i would have a voltmeter connected to the battery first and monitor voltage, should be solid 12.3 - 12.6 volts, then go underneath the handlebar and check voltage voltage at start switch plug, the one with 2 wires, one red that is the hot and one brown.
    use a paper clip and insert it into the connector from the outside in to reach the internal prong so you can measure voltage while still connected.
    you should have same voltage as the battery on the red and same voltage too at the brown while you push in start button.
    the guy who posted the way to bypass remote box is me and i did it many time with success.
    one question : you said you have a new remote programmed by the dealer, did the ski worked well after they programmed the remote? if not , what did they say about not starting ?

I did all tests mentioned above already and voltage is good. When the dealer programmed remote which was yesterday it didn't work. It did verify lock and unlock and would go in L mode as long as we did it within the first few seconds. After that, nothing. All he would say is I had other problems. They are the only dealer in my state and I had to wait over an hour for him to go to lunch because he was the only person that could plug up the chip to program remote. So of course they're not much help.

Also I want to mention, during the bypass I of course did the yellow to yellow, blue to black, but I didn't have 2 blue w/black striped wires. I have a blue w/black, black w/blue, blue w/yellow. During bypass I tied the blue/black and the black/blue. Does that mean anything? And also when I tied it back does it matter which yellows went together because I didn't mark then before cutting.
    Last edited by cjburt; 06-21-2014 at 08:59 AM.

I still believe it may be a safety switch or something since I'm missing a negative inside the solenoid box.

Sounds like a ground problem. I'd check the battery connections. Loosen and tighten them. Disconnect and connect the connections to the ground lead box (I think there are 2 of them on the VX). This box is located right next to the oil tank. Also look for a loose connection in the Ebox. Look for loose or faulty connections where you re-connected the remote box. Trace the leads to the starter and make sure they are tight.
    Last edited by Ernest T; 06-21-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information