Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Yamaha VX 110 security remote issue!

I made the mistake of following the advise in this thread on bypassing the security box. I wanted to get rid of the remote system all together. I connected yellow to yellow, blue/black to blue/black, and blue to black. Nothing happened. Everything was totally dead. Hooked the security box back up, and now it seems I have the same problem as the others. Display lights up for a for a few seconds, then goes dead. Only comes back when I disconnect and reconnect the box, or the battery. So now I've created a problem where I didn't have one before.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Yamaha VX 110 security remote issue!

So apparently I damaged the plug by mistake. Engine is currently sitting on a wooden engine dolly low to the ground, and I apparently stepped on the plug and broke some things inside of it. I googled "JAE 18 cavity plug" and got a new one. I did what the others did: spliced yellow to yellow, blue/black to black/blue, and blue to black. Since these motors are being transplanted into an XR1800 jet boat, I had the Key On supply power to the yellow wires. Seems to have bypassed the remote security unit. When the key is set to Key On, the jet ski gauge cluster comes to life, and when the key is set to Key Off, it kills the gauge cluster. Engine cranks over when key is pushed to Start.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information