Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home #1fan's Avatar
    This thread rocks!! Great information. Thanks you guys. Eric Malone has talked at length with me about ruptured eardrums. He too has had several experiences and never practices without one. Take care of yourselves. This fan needs for you to be able to hear the cowbell when I ring it for you. Thanks again for passing on such important information. I would love to see more threads like this.
    Your #1 fan,
    Nedra
    CROCKETT IS THE MAN!!

Re: Protect your eardrums

figured I would kind of bump this up near the top since the weather is warm and everyone seems to be back out on the water. So yeah, just read this, been thinking about my ears and surprised I haven't had anything worse than mild cases of swimmer ear, slammed the side of my head good a couple of times, so probably gonna pick up a wake/water protec helmet this week and maybe find a full face for the ocean or use the one I have for dirt bikes....
    94 X2 - this should be fun!
    RIP '90 X2 // '89 X2
    // '91 SN

Ive blown both of mine out in 3 weekends. Going in for surgury July 16 for the first one, have to see what the doc says about the second. till then i will keep blowing the blood out.
    650sx
    custom paint
    trued hull
    shaved gas door
    footholds
    custom turf
    turfed rails
    scuper
    custom 750 "super small pin"
    small pin cases
    stroker crank with 650 rods
    custom Wisecos
    port timing raised w/ 3mm base gasket and
    decked cylinder.
    dual 44 SBN's

PWCToday Newbie

i got to this thread a little to late.

my right ear is crying kinda its a real annoying sound the doctor saids its air going through the break and to get used to it for a lil while he said it will heal

would this work if i stitched neopreme over the little ear thing. http://www.surfmuff.com/default.htm

another lesson learned before i killed my ear was be sure theres not a snad bar thing in front of you when you sub

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shougrider
    I have been battling ruptured ear drums for years now. A helmet is the best prevention. In my searching I also came across a web site for a product called Doc's pro plugs. These are designed to specifically prevent rupture and even allow you to continue water activity. The website even has a list of dealers to help you out. I believe it is just www.proplugs.com

Hey Shougrider,
    have you tried these things out?
    My left ear is permanently weak from numerous cliff jumping, skiing and now jet skiiing flops. Helmets are a great idea and all, but what to wear when skiing, boarding, and doing regular good old water fun?
    I bought these things called aqua plugs, but havn't had a chance to really try them out yet plus they don't seem to hold into my ear canal too well.

How much does a custom made, bionic ear piece cost...anyone know?

Serious pain in the ear= pain everywhere, sinus/ear infections, trouble sleeping, being half deaf............mufflidge and being slightly off balance.....which is nooooo good!

I managed to kaput my eardrum again on 300sx......now that I got me a sj atleast a good ear piece is a must.
    take care, D

Bump for a really old, but good thread.
    I'm new to standups, but with a wife, two kids, and no health insurance, I figured I need to at least protect my head and face.

After a little research, I ordered an O'Neal 3 series online for about $80. I was fortunate that it fit well out of the box, but it does have removable cheek pads, which the company will swap out, apparently free of charge, to achieve a personalized fit.

I have never ridden my js550 without it, and as a beginner I'm not doing any tricks, but this helmet has worked very well for me so far.

The removable pads help to dry it out, and the bright colors help me be seen on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 XLT1200 (sold):
    1985 JS550

I come from cold water surfing (winters in Maine offer the best surf), where ear plugs are a necessity, even when wearing a hooded suit.

For cheap plugs, I really like Mack's Ear Seals:
    https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ma...a-89f160334243

If you want something good, SurfEars are probably the best:
    https://surfears.com/product/surfears-2-0/
    2001 XLT1200 (sold):
    1985 JS550

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information