» wallpapers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 11
    Just duct tape your ears...
    or hot glue?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Gath surf helmets work great.
    \"Sit to Ski => Sit to Pee\"

"...bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

PWCToday Newbie
    Last summer a well known local wakeboarder died on the water. He was doing an inverted trick, a tantrum I think, hit the water just right and lost conciousness. His buddy's got him on the swim deck and he stopped breathing. He was dead before they reached the dock. Apparently he hit the water so hard, the water was forced through an ear drum, blew it out, and proceeded to the brain. Just think, he was probably being towed at 24-28 mph, crossing the wake and being 10 feet in the air, it was probably the same thing as hitting the water 60 mph. Im more worried about knocking myself out than blowing out an ear drum. I'll probably wear a full-face mx helmet when I'm doing some serious riding or in surf.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home djkorn1's Avatar
    I bought a Gath... I was just going to ask how well they protect because I am GOING to do barrell rolls on my SXR this summer.

Darin, is that still the helmet you use?
    2003 Kawasaki SXR Freerider.

"A little faster than what is safe" http://www.myspace.com/djkorn1

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jetdude's Avatar
    ..And I though having a handlepole come down on you on your mouth while you were falling backwards hurt...

When I get up there and start doing some nasty stuff, then ill probably start throwing on my BMX helmet
    --ALEX

I dream skis
    Pretty serious stuff! My brother broke his ear drum from a low diving board. He had some special experimental surgery last year where they grew some skin in a dish and stretched it accross his ear drum and popped it back in his head. He says it's not perfect, and he hears a slight noise that wasn't there before, but it beats the alternate ending.

So what helmets do you guys recommend? I'm just getting into some free style stuff and I definately want to play is safe and smart. Hearing is one of those things I never want to loose.
    Space coast of Florida
    2005 Kawasaki SXR 800

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SuperJETT's Avatar
    I wear a Gath surf 'hat'.

http://www.murrays.com/gath/gath_hat.html

I like it, but their price has gone up in recent years. Very low profile so it doesn't catch water much.

I dream skis
    I've read that a helmet can actually act like a parachute and snap your neck too. Anyone had anything like this happen or heard stories?
    Space coast of Florida
    2005 Kawasaki SXR 800

What about somethign like this cheap and not very heavy.
    Just trying to find an another way of saving my ears without the weight and protection of a full face helmet. (which I do have when I play stupid)

http://www.surfmuff.com/default.htm
    WHEN WILL IT WARM UP??

Well whats a good full face helmet like an MX style thats lighter and doesn't cost the same as an arai?

I would like to just pop out a few bucks for a full face, rather than something like shown, if I'm putting something on my head when riding

Also I don't feel like wearing a $450 helmet in the water, and what I would expect to get banged around a bit.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information