96-07 superjet R&D rius race plate vs worx dominator 305 for racing buoys?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

96-07 superjet R&D rius race plate vs worx dominator 305 for racing buoys?

Has anyone tried both of these or have some input on which is better just for buoy racing?

Thanks,

Aaron

Re: 96-07 superjet R&D rius race plate vs worx dominator 305 for racing buoys?

I've read that the r&d is a few lbs lighter. I'm looking at getting one of these plates as well, currently using jet dynamics. I'm interested to know if the d cut in the worx actually helps with planing and turning or if it just seems that way because your going a bit slower. Anyone?
    Last edited by MadMax45186; 09-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have the long worx plate with the d cut, the rius plate, and I took another rius plate and added a d cut identical to the worx.

I also have both the long and short JDs, short shredmaster, r&d slasher, OP skegged, OP non skegged, DG w/channels, riva groovy, pro tec, and that flat welded plate with removable skegs that I can't recall the brand name of right now + probably 2 or 3 more plates I'm forgetting.

After 2.5 decades on SJs, all I need to happily navigate a buoy course on my SJs is 100-140hp, tubby 2s or Destroyers, wide bars, and a -1 or -2 handlepole set up. Give me those things, and the ride plate matters about 1% for me. I do have to adjust my style a bit for different plates, but that is accomplished after 2 or 3 corners.

I would say the 3 plates listed in the first paragraph are so equal that telling the difference is tough, and my shredmaster is as good as those 3.

The JDs are great only without tubbies, but make a tubbied boat unpredictable in race chop, and will pitch you from time to time.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday Regular

I ended buying both to try and they are both awesome. I would give the edge to the worx because it's about an inch longer and keeps the nose down better during holeshot.

Can't go wrong with either, definitely don't like my shorter jet dynamics plate for racing.

PWCToday Newbie

yeah both good

Thread Information