Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: A special built 750 pro

the steering cable/trim set up is opposite in the ssxi opposed to an sxi.. i looked into this real quick myself as i had one, i dont think its as easy as you are hoping

Quote Originally Posted by youcantkeepup View Post
    the steering cable/trim set up is opposite in the ssxi opposed to an sxi.. i looked into this real quick myself as i had one, i dont think its as easy as you are hoping
    I've already ran my steering cable to it and my trim cable. The only thing I have to do is extend my steering cable by an inch and it's good to go. I'm not using the syphon tube on the nozzle so I plugged it off. An I'm using the bilge pipe to run my trim cable to the back. But yea just need to extend the cable and it will all work.
    98 kawasaki 750 sxi pro, 701 61x motor conversion, rn superjet handle pole conversion.

91 kawasaki 550sx reed motor skat 16 prop.

94 seadoo spi girlfriends ski has a 580 spx motor with big bore kit an dual 44mm carbs.

Okay so the sxi pro hull has slowed down. I've had a second thoughts about it and decided to put a 1100 motor in it. Even with everything I cut off and even with no foam in it. The ski is just to heavy for what I'm after. So I'm just going to turn it into a fast ski.

But for all of you who are wondering. What about the 701 motor? Well I got an amazing deal on a 95 750 sxi. Which believe it or not is lighter then my sxi pro. I wasn't going to put this ski together but after going through the box of parts he gave me with the ski. I realized with my 701 motor and a couple of little parts I had I had enough to build a ski. And since I want to use the 701 motor before the end of season I thought why not. So I turf it and cleaned it up and put it together.

My plans for this hull are ride it the rest of the season. Then tear it down, make molds of it to cut up and reshape. And make my own carbon freestyle ski.
    98 kawasaki 750 sxi pro, 701 61x motor conversion, rn superjet handle pole conversion.

94 seadoo spi girlfriends ski has a 580 spx motor with big bore kit an dual 44mm carbs.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

What exactly are you trying to do with making the hull lighter?

My brother's pro with tubbies feels as hyper reactive as fx1s with tubbies. It may not BE the lightest ski out there, but you do not notice the weight. And with a few mods that he and I have done, you can shave off an easy 10-20 lbs. Just a carbon hood and ditching the oem bumpers is an easy 20lbs. Change the waterbox and ride plate and you're into superjet weight territory. Maneuvering wise you can get these things to feel very light on their feet. I rode a whole bunch of skis the day I rode a 2013 SJ, and the ski which felt closest to it is that pro of my brothers. Now after having ridden JSNate's fx1, I'd say that ski comes second. Our stock 95 SJ feels like a tank maneuverability wise compared to that pro.

As far as low end power, with whatever set up you have, optimize it to low end. Its more about outright hp/ displacement and low end porting than anything else, in my opinion. My brother's pro has a freestyle ported 800 with all the goodies with a stock pump and swirl impeller and has very good low end for what it is. JSNate's fx1 with a swirl impeller and a stock pump has more low end than another fx1 I've been on with a 144 pump. But I think both of those skis would need ported engines to get to the level where my brother's pro is. And then the fx1s would have greater low end at that point no doubt.

Ask BLRider or JSNate what they think of the 750s. We had 3 good ones out last weekend, it was easy to compare. Also if you're ever in the mood for a drive, come on out to Portage, MI where we ride and you can try out skis. Oh and I'm interested to see what you think about the 1100 swap, I was thinking of doing one, but I thought it might make the 750 hull feel too heavy.
    Last edited by theVetteman3; 08-12-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake [45.6mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, cheater pipe [42.4mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1998 SXI PRO:
    3DR hull mods [TBD]

I should of worded that different. I havnt put the 1100 in yet I was going to do that this winter.
    I appreciate your in put. It helps. I'm waiting on the ride plate for the sxi but I just feel the pro is to heavy for the 701 motor. I was talking to a couple of people about it. And one made a good point. He said "your putting a 701cc motor into a hull built for a 750cc motor and expect it to perform the same".
    My idea behind the pro was to make a starter kinda freeride ski. Defiantly wasn't thinking I was going to do back flips or anything like that. But just something stable besides my 550 to get me going.
    As far as making a carbon ski. Well I just always wanted to try to build my own ski. I've made a few carbon piece for some of my friends cars like fenders and door skis. But just hand laid stuff. I have a friend who is going to walk me through vacuum infusion.
    But yea maybe soon I would love to come out to MI and try some different ski.

PWCToday Newbie

Did you use the js 550 fuel tank because of clearance issue withe the pro tank? I'm doing the same conversion now and my exhaust won't clear the tank.ugh

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Should I get cheese on my chili fries, or just leave them alone? I've been looking at them since 2014, and they may be getting stale.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information