Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A special built 750 pro

Okay I'm going to start this build thread. Although the ski isn't done, but I think I am far enough along to post it. And sorry about the picture quality. The lights in my garage suck.
    So to start. I decided to do a build when I got my hands on a complete 701 61x motor. It was an amazing deal. The motor the ebox carb and exahust. Everything I needed to drop in and go for 450 bucks.
    Now I have a 91 550sx that I planned to originally put the motor in, but decided if I did that I would want to do a pump upgrade. I didn't feel like jumping into that much glass work. And I know rhaas is coming up with a drop in pump upgrade. But I have my concerns on that and it's taking forever to get it done.
    Then I decided I would build a decent not to expensive freeride ski. So I decided to find a decent hull to build up. I ended up getting a 98 750 SXI PRO.
    Then I started to piece it together. First the handle pole. Although I love the RRP poles I don't have the budget for that. I didn't want the kawi pole cause I feel it wasn't going to hold up to the abuse I am going to put it trough. So After reading a couple build threads I decided to do the RN superjet pole conversion. I found a pole it was cut two inchs which was perfect for what I needed. And with a little mod the pole fits perfect.
    Now I'm tackling the deck. It had a layer of fiberglass I figured it was to add strength to it but as I got more into it. Boy was I wrong. The layer was to cover up holes and all the foam is water logged. So now I'm defoaming.
    I was going to just add foot straps but figured I'm this far into the deck. So I got ahold of Toby and ordered a set of his new and improved 615 footholds. Can't wait to try them everyone has nothing but good to say about them.
    I've stated fitting the motor. I bought a set of Ada couplers to put the 701 motor in the kawi hull. And yes I know rhaas makes a kit to drop this all in, but I got the aluminum free and I work in a machine shop so anything I need in can make. You can see I cut my own motor mount plates out of aluminum plate. And I'm using couch mounts to add strength. And yes that's a js550 gas tank lol.
    So anyway that's my build so far. Coming up I'm wrapping to bottom, the engine bay, and inside of the deck with 11oz 6k 2x2 twill carbon fiber. Never work with carbon fiber before so wish me luck. Lol I will try to keep you all updated as I go. If there is anything you want to see in detail let me know the ski is still in pieces so I will be happy to post a pic of something that you want to see how I did it. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    98 kawasaki 750 sxi pro, 701 61x motor conversion, rn superjet handle pole conversion.

91 kawasaki 550sx reed motor skat 16 prop.

94 seadoo spi girlfriends ski has a 580 spx motor with big bore kit an dual 44mm carbs.

Re: A special built 750 pro

Awesome work look forward to seeing your progress

Subscribed!! Going to be pretty sweet.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink.....when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they will feel all day.

subscribed! good luck with the build!

looks awesome - I don't want to hi-jack, but how do you know if your foam is waterlogged without tearing into the tray? Or is it just assumed that if the tray is cracked that the foam is done for? Obviously I don't want to dig into the tray just to check it out if its not necessary.
    87 650sx Red - 38mm 3 jet, Bored intake, Pipe Mod+TS Mani, Quadrafin plate, Thruster Scoop, Skat 16, 7^ bars, Pole Spring, Lanyard/Bilge Button, Finger Throttle
    88 650sx Blue - 40mm, Bored intake, Pipe Mod+TS Mani, Jetlyne plate, WC Superdeep, Skat 13/16, 4^ bars, Pole Spring, Lanyard/Bilge Button, Finger Throttle

With mine I could see the wet foam through the hole. And when I pressed my thumb into it water came out of it. I don't know about know when you can't see the foam. This is the first I've ever had to deal with this. And when all you have is scrapers and screwdrivers. Defoaming sucks.

98 kawasaki 750 sxi pro, 701 61x motor conversion, rn superjet handle pole conversion.

94 seadoo spi girlfriends ski has a 580 spx motor with big bore kit an dual 44mm carbs.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 550sxguy View Post
    With mine I could see the wet foam through the hole. And when I pressed my thumb into it water came out of it. I don't know about know when you can't see the foam. This is the first I've ever had to deal with this. And when all you have is scrapers and screwdrivers. Defoaming sucks.

de foaming is easy use a wire wheel on a drill , its gone in no time .
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

900 powered custom 650 sx .

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

if i did like everyone else and copied everything i needed or wanted i would save lots of time and money.

Hard to get a drill in the sides. Specially with the fire extinguishers tubes in the way and the exhaust running along the right side.

Got my hood cut today. Need to clean the cuts up before glassing but I'm waiting to get it all ready for glassing before I order my glass and carbon fiber. I will post pics of the hood soon. Oh and got my sxr handle pole spring in the mail. I put it in the sj pole and it works great.

This is how I cut the hood. I still have to clean up the cuts so it will be ready for glass.

I had to cut a little section in the front. I'm using the stock exhaust for now, and it hit the front a little.

Hoping to get some time in the shop tomorrow to cut the bed plates down. And finish my engine mount plates.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information